Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skuffy
    • Sep 2003

ok i checked... and it does... cant even work trough the menu

So i need new drivers coz i game alot more than i play dvd's but i do wanna watch dvd's on my comp with my friends

Any sugestions?
    Last edited by Skuffy; 17 Sep 2003, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• ToonFan2002
      • Mar 2002

just use another or more dvd-player(s) - there are a lot and only nv dvd seems to have trouble with installed ac3 filters, whereas powerdvd won't let u play dvd's on your computer if your graphicscard has a tv-out as it is in my case

Comment

• Skuffy
        • Sep 2003

u mean like another program??? im not gona buy another drive ... i used to use winfast dvd but it the dvd would play very shockey and slow... power dvd dindt have that problem.

If it are programs u mean please give me some examples or tips... and please forfive me for my misunderstanding... im dutch

Comment

• ToonFan2002
          • Mar 2002

well, I don't know that many, but u can use the following:

-powerdvd
          -windvd
          -nvdvd

I'm sure there are more, but those are the one I've heard of, and I'm pretty sure each of em has some features that should work on your hardware - depends on what u need.

Comment

• Roquenton
            • Jul 2004

TV OUT PORT ERROR CODE F4D41436 w/ Sis 6326

I would like to thank ToonFan2002 and Qyd for helping me with my PowerDVD
            problem. I am using Win98SE with a Sis 6326 Video Card. After purchasing a new DVD rom and installing the accompanying PowerDVD software I found that I was getting the message "Error Code
            F4D41436 - the TV out port of your display card is not working properly" and subsequently could not watch DVD movies
            on my PC. After reading your two articles I got the idea of trying a different video driver. I downloaded the Sis v1.32 driver from:
            This download is the latest driver package released for the SIS 6326 graphics card (sometimes called the SIS6326 card). The video driver will work under Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Me. It was last updated by SIS in March 2001 and will install version 1.32 of the driver onto your system. If you have Windows […]

and was able to watch DVD Movies on my PC. Thanks again!

-Roquenton

Comment

• viola
              • Jul 2004

Hello ! I've come across the same problem (Error Code F4D41436)but I'm using Windows XP and the Sis v1.32 from the site sis6326 obviously doesn't do it. Where can i find the driver for Win XP which'll fix the problem ??

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Comment

• Roquenton
                • Jul 2004

Viola, in an effort to duplicate your problem I performed a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional Edition on my PC which has the Sis 6326 Video Card in it. The error in question did not show itself. I therefore do not have a solution for you. Sorry I could not be of more assistance. Good luck with your search for a cure.

Comment

• TheRowan
                  • Aug 2004

Hi

I hope you don't mind my adding to this thread...
                  I have the same problem, in that PowerDVD has caused my system to crash and re-boot whenever I've tried to play a dvd or configure it's settings; Windows Media Player functions perfectly!

I downloaded an update and now my version of PowerDVD XP is 4.0.0.2417.
                  My video card is VIA/S3G KM400/KN400, with no conflicts showing in Device Manager and apparently supported by PowerDVD.
                  Driver is vtmini.sys

I got the DVD Error message "Error Code F4D41436 - TV out port, etc" whilst trying to get PowerDVD to play whilst in Safe Mode.

I do not have a TV connected to my computer!

I think I (sort of) understand the problem, but no-one seems to have exactly the same software/driver as I do and I don't know what to do next or where to go

I hope someone may be able to offer some help...
                  Thanks
                  TheRowan

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

Comment

• TechNo1234
                      • Sep 2004

hi guys,

i'm new to all this so please forgive me if i do anything retarded...oh, and let me know so i don't do it again! for instance, was i supposed to start a new thread? will anyone even find this?

instead of figuring out how to disable my tv outport (prolly woulda been the easier thing to do), i went ahead and installed an older version of nvidia. dvds would play, but then my xvids and such wouldn't work because my ac3 and xvid decoder wouldn't work (or so i think was the reason).

so then i decided to reinstall the latest version of nvidia and just figure out how to disable the tv outport. i didn't remember which version i bought my computer with, so i installed the newest version i could find....which i think is detonator 61.77...? long story short, my monitor blew up.

i can't really back track or restore my previous settings for obvious reasons. i'm afraid if i get a new monitor, my computer will just end up blowing that one up too. i have no clue what i did...? i am a girl and don't know much (obviously!) about computers--no offense to the guru chicks out there. can some nice person direct me please on how to remedy this? even a simple explanation on why this occurred would be appreciated.

please H-E-L-P!!!

ever grateful,
                      rowan

Comment

• Franticus
                        • Oct 2004

I had the same problem as you guys,
                        i was running this

Amd Athlone xp 2400
                        512 Ram
                        Asus Nvidia Geforce 5200
                        PowerDvd 4.0
                        Win Xp Pro Sp1
                        Nvidia driver 53.03

I tested DVD's (ALI G INDA HOUSE and Cruel Intentions)

everything was fine until recently i formatted my main drive and installed XP clean with SP2 immediately afterwards. I then noticed the error popping up in PowerDVD. I tried to install the older nvidia drivers but no such luck. However this morning i uninstalled SP2 and loaded the 61.76 driver from Nvidia and now
                        everything works fine with PowerDVD 4.0 deluxe version, I can watch both DVD's on my TV (S-Video Out) and on my PC monitor with absolutely no problems. Hope this may help.

Cheers

Comment

• TechNo1234
                          • Sep 2004

Yes! It's that darn update. I just restored my computer back to before the update. Now everything works perfectly.

Comment

• Franticus
                            • Oct 2004

But now i had to re-install cos of internet problems without SP2, but found WINDVD 6 which is running my copy protected discs...
                            and nicely too!!

Comment

• Qyd
                              Digital Video Technician
                              Digital Video Technician
                              • Oct 2002

Media Player classic should also work

Comment

• AndreaDanny
                                • Oct 2004

Error Code: F4D41436

I had the same problem whenever i insert dvd:
                                Error Code: F4D41436
                                The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly."
                                My OS is Windows XP Home Edition SPS Pack. Thanks to this forum, I followed the suggestion to download nvida drive 61.76; I had it installed. Now I don't encounter the same problem again, I can watch those movies I could not before. TY

Comment

Working...