X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levan
    • Sep 2003

Can't playback in standalone player using Nero

Hi,

I have been burning "DVD-Video" compilations in Nero 5.5 Burning Rom. It plays perfectly on any DVD computer drive but not a standalone DVD player, which plays everything from MP3 discs to DVD-R's. I only have a problem when burning a "DVD Video" compilation in Nero. Can anyone help me? Am I using the wrong compilaton modes or different settings, which I have left as defaults? Help is much appreciated!

levan
  • dodge
    Banned
    • Feb 2003

you may be burning them as multi session dvd-r?

Comment

• dodge
      Banned
      • Feb 2003

doh you can`t make multisession dvd video i must have had a blonde moment sorry i don`t know why standalone won`t play them!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Did you put ALL of the DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) into a folder named "VIDEO_TS" (MUST be ALL capitals) and create a cautionary empty "AUDIO_TS" folder as well?

Comment

• levan
          • Sep 2003

Yes, I have done all that. In fact, Nero does that for you in the DVD Video compilation mode, separating the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. You just have to drag all your files to the Video folder????...... maybe this would help: The files were "squeezed" by DVD2One to fit in a 4.7 disc. But I'm not sure if this is the problem. PowerDVD plays the DVD files fine when I load them on the computer. But can't seem to play it on the standalone????

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"It plays perfectly on any DVD computer drive but not a standalone DVD player, which plays everything from MP3 discs to DVD-R's. I only have a problem when burning a "DVD Video" compilation in Nero"

1) What is the brand and model of your standalone DVD player?

2) Have you previously burned DVDs, using software other than NERO, that HAVE played on this standalone DVD player?

3) Does the standalone player generate an error message when you try to play aone of these "problem" burned DVDs? If so, what's the message?

4) Are you certain that you're using the correct type of media that will be recognized by your standalone player (DVD-R, DVD+R)?

Comment

• levan
              • Sep 2003

1) What is the brand and model of your standalone DVD player?

A: DVD Player: Apex AD-1000

2) Have you previously burned DVDs, using software other than NERO, that HAVE played on this standalone DVD player?

A: I used Easy CD Creator to burn complete .ISO's and Nero when I need to make a compilation. I only use Nero if I have .VOB (ie. - DVD files) to burn.

3) Does the standalone player generate an error message when you try to play aone of these "problem" burned DVDs? If so, what's the message?

A: Yes, it says "Disc Error"

4) Are you certain that you're using the correct type of media that will be recognized by your standalone player (DVD-R, DVD+R)?

A: Yes. I use Ritek DVD-R, 1 speed.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I have been burning "DVD-Video" compilations in Nero 5.5 Burning Rom"

Just noticed this in your original posting. If, in fact, you are actually using v.5.5, by all means, update to v.5.5.10.42 (NOT to v.5.5.10.50) - The "DVD-Video" mode was "less than perfect" until v.5.5.10 (If I remember correctly)...

Comment

• levan
                  • Sep 2003

Yes!!! 5.5.10.42 did the the trick! I am able to play it on my Apex now. Thanks, Setarip!

The only difference that I can see in this version is that at the end of the burning session, Nero verifies the data, taking about 10 minutes to do so. Is there anyway to "fix" the already burned discs in the older version by verifying the data on them?

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"Yes!!! 5.5.10.42 did the the trick! I am able to play it on my Apex now. Thanks, Setarip!"

My pleasure ;>}

"The only difference that I can see in this version is that at the end of the burning session, Nero verifies the data, taking about 10 minutes to do so."

The verification is not the relevant change (and you can feel free to uncheck it). The significant change in the "DVD-Video" mode process is "invisible" to the user...

"Is there anyway to "fix" the already burned discs in the older version by verifying the data on them?"

Nope...

Comment

• levan
                      • Sep 2003

I thought so...just wanted to see if I could recooperate the many hours and wasted discs...

thanks again! Your help is much appreciated!

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

"thanks again! Your help is much appreciated!"

As always, my pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...