X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varahan1
    • Sep 2003

sound off after 5 minutes in winXP

Hi...

I am new to the forum... I have winXP in my laptop.... When i play DVD's , the sound stops after 5 minutes.... But there is absolutely no problem with the video .... This happened all of a sudden ..... it was playing fine all along..... this has started happening with any DVD for that matter..... even those which had been playing very well before...
    this is the case with any player..... Tried this with realone,windows media player and winDVD.....
    Not sure what the problem is .....whetther its a hardware or dvd software issue......

also there is no problem playing audio files , mpegs or any other images.....This is te problem just with DVD playback ......

really appreciate if someone could suggest something ... or if ou need any other information...

thanks
    klv
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

maybe the same problem as in this thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=24624

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

You most likely have the DEMO version of the WinDVD .AC3 filter (IVIAUDIO.AX) installed - It goes mute after approximately 5 minutes...

Comment

Working...