Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caddis
    • Sep 2003

choppy playback

I recently purchased a GF4 Ti4200 8x card to go with my AthlonXP 2000, 512MB ram, Pioneer 16x DVD, XP Pro and am getting choppy playback with 41.40 and 40.72 drivers. DMA is enabled and I am using PowerDVD 5, plus bios and all system drivers up to date.

I had a similar problem when using 40.72 drivers on a GF2 MX/400 in the same system, but when I used older 23.11 drivers for this card I got perfect DVD playback on fullscreen with and without HW acceleration. See thread http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=24385

I expect that there is some drivers out there that work well with the GF4 Ti4200 8x and am asking if anyone out there has this card and DVD playback is good, what version drivers are you running?
    Last edited by caddis; 15 Sep 2003, 03:13 PM.
  • caddis
    • Sep 2003

I've managed to find a fix to my problem and am posting the results as a reference to others.

Only Windows 2000 & XP have this problem.

This problem exists on all motherboards with the ALiMAGiK 1 chipset (M1647) and using an Nvidia Graphics Card (driver version 27.XX and later).

Running newer drivers than 27.XX will disable the M1647 AGP function on all Nvidia VGA cards.

Fix for TNT2 ,Geforce256, Geforce 2 GTS, Geforce 2 Ultra, and Geforce 2 MX (200/400) cards.

1. use Nvidia Detonator driver 23.11

Fix for Geforce3, Geforce 4, GeforceFX cards.

1. run regedit and find this path

WinXP:
    [Hkey_Local_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Vi deo\ {********-****-****-****-************}\0000\

Win2000:
    [Hkey_Local_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Controset001\Services\nv \device0]

Note: The "{********-****-****-****-************}" is a GUID for your VGA. The GUID may not match because this will also depend on the video card and VGA driver version.)

2. If you have followed the procedure correctly, you will find the following key entry

"Device Description" with the value "NVIDIA ******** "

Note: Where "********" is the Nvidia VGA card model.

3. Create a new key as a Binary Value (if it does not exist) and name it "Enablealiagp" then type in the following value data for the key "01 00 00 00 "

4. Exit the registry and restart the system.

If all worked well then you will be enjoying smooth DVD playback and a higher 3D Mark score.

For more information and to get updated AGP drivers for this chipset go to http://www.ali.com.tw/eng/support/support_guide_agp.htm

Comment

Working...