Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laurent
    • Jan 2002

Problem with Soft Cinemaster

I have a Panasonic DVD-rom4 8544A in a Gateway 450MHz.
    I have installed the Soft Cinemaster as indicated in the Support FAQ with the last versions Ravisent DVD player v2.0.0.1001 and Cinemaster decoders v2.0.37.6382.
    My video Card is an ATI Radeon 7000.

But when i am trying to launch DVD Player, there is DVD Player loading written during half a second and then nothing happens.

I do not know if the installation is not complete or if the DVD player does not recognize my DVD-Rom.

Can you help me please or ask for more information, because i am not a pro, far from it.

Thaks a lot.
  • Cpt.Crunch
    • Dec 2001

Why don't you try a different version of the player. Also try tweaking the player with DVD Genie.

Or buy some much better dvd software, such as PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Comment

• Clarkf1
      • Jan 2002

Hi,

Have you upgraded your graphics card or is it the one that came with the computer when you got it?

I have a Gateway 400MHz (I know....I'm upgrading it slowly) and recently bought a new graphics card. The Software Cinemaster DVD player was incompatible with it (I got the same problems as you, sometimes they did run and then stuck) and I was recommended PowerDVD by my card manufacturer.

Before uninstalling I noticed that the Cinemaster decoders had only been tested for use on the ATI 128 (which came with my system).

Ravisent who produced the software initially only supplied it to manufacturers, providing tailor-made software for each one.
      I believe they have now put a version on general release.

I now have PowerDVD and have problem free DVD playback and all the nifty features that come with it such as screen capture.

Clarkf1

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

What DVD software do u use anyway?
        Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• laurent
          • Jan 2002

New graphics Card

Indeed I have upgraded my Gateway: I had a Voodoo 3 card and I replaced it by ATI Radeon 7000 with TV-out.

Then when trying to read DVD-roms with my old DVD software or with the version installed with the ATI graphics card, there was always the same message "CSS protection warning: this version of software Cinemaster does not support playback of DVD content on a system that has a kernel debugger enabled".

So I have installed the last version of Cinemaster and then the DVD player cannot run...

If my new graphics card is incompatible with Cinemaster, what can I do? Take a new software? And why my new graphics card upgraded my DVD software and then gives the message above?

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Comment

• Clarkf1
            • Jan 2002

Hi,

I've never heard of a kernel debugger.

All I can recommend is getting new software.

Before going out and spending lots check out online stores/auction sites such as eBay.

I managed to pick up PowerDVD for £10.

HTH

Chris

Comment

• Cpt.Crunch
              • Dec 2001

Maybe you can try downloading DVD Genie and tinkering around with the settings. I remember when I replaced an old ATI video card with a Geforce 2, my DVD player software didn't work. I downloaded DVD genie, played around with some Cinemaster settings, and voila, it worked.

Comment

Working...