Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobo3121
    • Sep 2003

Playing Dvd With Power-dvd-5

I am having a problem getting PowereDVD-5 to play DVDs on my computer.

Whenever I try to play back a video using PowerDVD it gives me an error message saying there is something wrong with the TV-out port. The details say something like PowerDVD cannot play a copy-protected video while the TV out port is open.

Now I am assuming that this refers to the video card, which is an NVidis MX 420 agp, by a company called bulldog.

How do i resolve this? Or is it resolvable

(I don't know if I can close the port on the video card, i am trying to research that question now. I don't know if there is a way to tell PowerDVD to ignore the port or not, so far haven't seen anything.)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The following MAY be pertinent to your situation:

There have been several postings over the past few months regarding this specific matter. The solution is to download and install the older NVidia driver(s)...

"The 41.09 and future drivers have more stringent checks in the driver to comply with the latest Macrovision requirements. If the TV encoder does not support Macrovision, you will get the "Macrovision Distribution Failed" error message or a similar message depending on which DVD software player you are using. The BT868 and Conexant CX25870 TV encoders do not support Macrovision. If your graphics card is equipped with one of these TV encoders, then it will not support DVD playback with our 41.09 drivers and above."

Comment

• hobo3121
      • Sep 2003

RE: PowerDVD Playback Problem

Ok Thanks I will give it a try.

hobo3121

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• hobo3121
          • Sep 2003

POWER-DVD PLAYBACK

Ok i think I have found a solution.

While searching the POWER-DVD wedsite I found a patch. When i downloaded this and installed it I was able to view both copy protected and non-copy protected DVDs.

Anyway thanks to all for your helpful input.

hobo3121

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Comment

Working...