Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCNerd
    • Jan 2002

Dvd Problem!

I need major help for this,Ive been trying to play my dvds on my dvd player is a "Pioneer DVD-115R" its on my pc "Sony PCV-R553DS" Intel Pentium 111 650Mhz processor.Ive been trying for days now trying to play my dvds.Every time I insert a dvd, it doesnt read it,it just says that there isnt a dvd inside my drive,but if I put any other regular cd in,it does read it.Ive tryed almost everything,different dvd players like PowerDVD etc.And ive run out of ideas on how to solve this problem.If anyone out there has a solution to this problem or any suggestions,please reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

-PCNerd
  • DivZ
    • Jan 2002

im not en expert in this area but i had similar problems with an old dvd drive.
    i was told to check for updated drivers and also for any bios updates.
    i think dma needs to be enabled also???
    a little bit is better than nada.
    sometimes you want the whole enchilada.

Comment

• ama03
      • Jan 2002

In device manager does your computer list a dvd player or the correct version you are trying to use. Are you receiving any error messages like aspi error? If everything checks out then I agree with looking for driver or firmware updates.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Is this a newly installed DVD player that you've been unsuccessful with from inception, or is this a newly occurring problem with a player that performed properly before?

If it's a new installation, perhaps doing something as simple as using Windows "Add New Hardware" tool (from within the Control Panel) is all that's required.

Comment

• PCNerd
          • Jan 2002

Well this is a new problem,because i used to watch my dvds perfectly,and one day i have no clue why it just didnt read my dvds...i do see everything good except in Device manager where it says info about my dvd player.It does say what kind of dvd player it is but it says : "Device Type:CDROM" and on settings it says Target ID:0
          So im wondering if there is a problem saying "0" as the Target ID.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It's quite possible that, if you have a two lens (laser) player (one for CDs, the other for DVDs), you merely need to run a DVD/CD cleaner CD, such as the one sold by Maxell for approximately $10 US. There's also the possibility that the DVD laser is out of alignment - which would require a skilled technician's touch.

Comment

Working...