Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laasunde
    • Feb 2003

problems with powerdvd

I recently installed Powerdvd xp 4.0 on my computer but when I try to play a newly bought 'conan the barbarian' I get this error :

'PowerDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

The above error msg doesnt really indicated what the actuall error is. Have reinstalled the program but didnt help any. Would appreciate any help.

Cheers
  • video
    • Jul 2002

It might help to tell what O.P. system you're running and if you have any other players installed in your system, Might be the cause of the problem. If you just uninstalled and reinstalled it that doesen't take it "all" out.

If you want to run windvd and power dvd in the same system, Install one of them in a different directory then what it wants to go in and they will both work fine. I have done it many times with not a single problem with them.

If you run 2 harddrives install one on the other harddrive and they will work just fine.

One more thing If you have a video out on your video card that maybe the problem,If the dvd is copy protected you will have that happen sometimes, Because of microvision protection on the dvd itself. Try power dvd version 2.55 instead of 4.0
    Last edited by video; 18 Oct 2003, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To laasunde

Is your PowerDVD "other-than-purchased"?
      Last edited by setarip; 18 Oct 2003, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• video
        • Jul 2002

Last edited by video; 18 Oct 2003, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To video

No, I'm not asking you - This is the thread of "laasunde"...

Comment

• not_digital
            • Oct 2003

Well Ive said it before on the forum in "Sonic Cinemaster-the best player thread".

Check out Sonic's site and see for yourself, Both the main contenders look very poor against this player. They even have a section compairing all 3 against each other(OK, they are going to be biased so check them out yourself-----download Sonic Cinemaster 1.5 demo..

To the admin:

Have you done a review of this player because I have not seen one------really, you have to check it out (not that Im a fan of Microsoft but they chose Ravisent over both "Power" and "Win" for image quality-------do a search under Xbox and Ravisent and see what Microsoft said)

I feel its the best player for the PC and the only one I have seen that comes close to a "real" standalone(to be honest it's NOT as good as a decent player).

I use Powerdvd and its as blurred as hell and its supposed to work with my card( ATI 8500) so I will upgrade as soon as I can to Sonic.

I just need to find a way to get it from the company(Sonic) without a credit card......im still waiting for a responce from them..

Lets have a review of this software........

Comment

Working...