Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arviden
    • Jan 2002

Problems with PowerDVD

I recently installed xp and have had some problems playing dvd's after that. I originally had a creative pc-dvd player, but this was running all screwd up on xp. Then I tried PowerDVD for xp and this seemsto run fine for a few seconds, then suddenly the whole machine just reboots and start all over again! I have a suspicion this might be connected to my soundcard, which is some shitty crystal powerfusion card, because I have this problem from time to time playing mp3's also, but not every time! (I've tried different mp3 players)

Anyways, does anybody know what to do with this, alternatively does anybody know where I can download a different DVD player for free (for example winDVD)

Thanks guys

Arviden
  • squidgy
    bored during 4th period
    • Jan 2002

I didn't think there were any freeware DVD players for windows, no doubt someone will correct me on that, though. Pretty sure there are freeware players for linux though.

But you say yourself you think it might be something to do with the soundcard, but you're not sure. Is there any pattern at all? Like, does some MP3 player software work but not others, or are some more likely to make it happen than others?
    There's a difference between love and Stockholm Syndrome.
    technobabble and psychobabble

Comment

• pmcartney
      • Feb 2002

Try SP 19449 which anyone can download from Compaq.com.

It's WinDVD but I prefer PowerDVD. Might be the one for you, lots of folks swear by it.
      Keep looking around for a way to get to their FTP site or the page where you enter the SP number and it's yours.

--Rich

SP stands for service pack. It is a 22mb download.

Comment

Working...