Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kslee7
    • Oct 2003

Zero Vob Files, Strange DVD's

Most DVD's that I have play fine on my PC. PowerDVD and InterVideo works ok. However, there are certain DVD's that will not play.

I shall give a description. Put DVD in, after a while, a window pops up and shows the contents of the DVD. I take a look inside and all vob files are zero in size. Strange when other DVD's all have file sizes, right? Attempt to play DVD fails. PowerDVD or Intervideo. PowerDVD tells me media file not recognized. InterVideo has no reaction at all. It just stays there, it is not crashed, I press play, nothing happens.

Examples of the DVD's that will not work: Raging Bull and Gladiator.

However, both work on my friend's PC. We have the same Sony DVD-ROM. We don't download anything from the net to update or anything. Another funny thing, the DVD's just work under Intervideo. PowerDVD still jams up. Vob files are still zero though.

Please advise.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Vob files are still zero though."

Would I be correct in speculating that these are not ORIGINAL commercial DVDs (Perhaps "bootlegged"/pirated Asian products)?

Comment

• kslee7
      • Oct 2003

Some DVD's that I have are pirated copies. But they all work well. So, what's the thing here? Does it have anything to do with RCE?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm interpreting your response to mean that your Raging Bull and Gladiator DVDs are pirated versions.

"Does it have anything to do with RCE?"

No - RCE protection has nothing to do with the directory listing all .VOBs as -0- in size.

You get what you pay for - and that sometimes includes improperly created, flawed and/or useless DVDs...

Comment

Working...