Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mega
    • Oct 2003

Problem with Daemon Tools

Hi, I created an ISO image file using the Classic Burn 0.9 program. My source was a ripped DVD in a video_ts folder. Anyway, the image was created successfully.

Then, I fired up Daemon tools to mount the image and view it on the virtual drive. But, once the image is mounted, nothing happens. I don't see any picture. Is there anything else I need to do?

By contrast Vlan will readily load the image ISO file and start playing the movie.

What am I missing with the Daemon tool setup? Why won't it work?

Thanks for any help.
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

it might be that you have some roxio burning drivers
    installed also, that are known to interfere with
    deamon tools routines

it might also be that you are not aware of that, because
    they usually sneak in with programs such as windows media player with burning capabilities or other programs
    with "free" burning capabilities....

the advice I can give you is either to get rid of these
    burning drivers/capabilities or to use for example
    "alcohol 120% " to mount your images....!!!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Then, I fired up Daemon tools to mount the image and view it on the virtual drive. But, once the image is mounted, nothing happens. I don't see any picture. Is there anything else I need to do?"

Run a software DVD player such as WinDVD - and select the virtual drive...

Comment

• mega
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by setarip
        "Then, I fired up Daemon tools to mount the image and view it on the virtual drive. But, once the image is mounted, nothing happens. I don't see any picture. Is there anything else I need to do?"

Run a software DVD player such as WinDVD - and select the virtual drive...
        <talking in awed, reverential tone> Truly thou art the Demigod of Digital Video...

It worked! I mounted the image on the G drive using Daemon. Then I selected G in PowerDVD and BINGO! It started playing like a charm. So then Daemon is not really a media player? Is it's utility just to mount images and work in concert with an actual media player to play them?

Thanks again!!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Truly thou art the Demigod of Digital Video... Thanks again!!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• HDTiVo
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Feb 2004

ImgTool ISO and vDAEMON

I have a similar situation.

ImgTool 0.91.1 creates ISOs with an LST file.

vDAEMON 3.44 doesn't recognize LST. It does recognize MDS, which I can create with DVD Decrypter.

I suppose I could take my burned DVDR (with DVD Decrypter) and use ISO Read to make an MDS (ie. overwrite the - useless - LST files) to get an ISO I can mount with vDAEMON.

But is there something that will quickly convert LST to MDS?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...