Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aldad
    • Oct 2003

no longer plays dvds

I have a Samsung p-231. It's worked fine 'til now. I made some vcds, my own pics and movies +net pics and moves. The vcds play fine.(Made with WinonCd) Now it won't play dvds! I get an error message saying "no disc loaded" "cannot read disc". What gives? Did I get a virus? Is there a way to reset the dvd player? Please help
    Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Now it won't play dvds"

Are you referring to burned DVDs. commercial DVDs, or both?

You might try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your standalone player. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

If the cleaning disc doesn't help, the only other option would be a repair service...

Comment

• Snafoo
      • Oct 2003

I have a Go.Video (Sonic|Blue) DVP750 standalone DVD player and it is the same way.
      I play downloaded VCDs and SVCDs burned with Nero 6.0 on it fine. It even plays music CDs and MP3s just fine too.
      When I put in a rented/new DVD the drive revs up and down like it is trying to read it but displays "Loading" until it times out and ejects the disc. I used a DVD/CD lens cleaner made by Sony. It has a sound track that tells you what to do on the CD as it cleans. It plays fine too.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Question: Can the DVD reading part go bad and the CD-R/MP3/Music CD part continue to work?

Snafoo

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Snafoo

"Question: Can the DVD reading part go bad and the CD-R/MP3/Music CD part continue to work?"

Answer: Yes...

Comment

• JaF
          • Mar 2004

Question: Is your player (Samsung P231) region free???[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...