X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcglen79
    • Nov 2003

interactual player

help!!!!

i have tried to play a dvd on my dvd player after being informed that i could from the shop that sold me my p.c.,
    but when i stick the disc in it wont play the movie!
    it recognises the disc, loads up the options page, but when play movie is pressed it gives me an error msg, saying my screen resolution is too high or i may be using too many colours, yet when i manually set the screen res and col to the minimum it still wont play!!!! i have win xp home (inc win media ver 8) and the drive is a btc bdv316c, my video card is nvidia geforce4 mx440 with agp8x, and my screen refresh is at 75hz!

if anyone knows what on earth i'm doing wrong then please let me know.
  • docstevev
    • Nov 2003

From your PC hardware spec, you shouldn't have a problem. Are you trying to play the movie using Interactual Player? I have found this software problematic at best (I'm a WinDVD fan). As a matter of interest, what movie are you trying to play?

Upgrading your Windows Media Player may help. I'm not sure whether MP8 has a Play DVD option or not, but MP9 certainly does. Failing that, it might be worth checking for hardware driver updates and downloading the latest DirectX from Microsoft's website. After you've done that run DXDIAG.EXE which, as its name suggests runs diagnostics and reports problems with audio and video.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...