Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trunks33
    • Nov 2003

DVDFab Disc2 playback problem

Help! I can't play the Disc2 made by DVDFab on my standalone DVD player.

I am using DVDFab to make full uncompressed backup of DVDS over 2 disks with all original DVD features still intact.

First I used DVDDecrypter to rip the entire DVD to hard drive without problem

I then started up DVDFab to split copied DVD into 2 discs which seems to work.

I then burned each disk to blank DVD+R media using Nero with the appropiate VIDEO_TS folders. This seems to work as well.

The 1st disc (extras plus 1st part of movie) plays without issue on both my PC and standalone DVD player.

Disc 2 (remainder of movie) however is causing me a major headache. It plays perfectly on my PC when inserted. However, on my standalone DVD player (Sony SLVD500P) I keep getting error message saying it cannot play disc.

The proper files seems to have been created and are in the VIDEO_TS folder. I don't know whether it's my DVD player or something I'm doing wrong here

Has anyone else had this problem? If so can you or ayone else help?

Thanks in advance.

Trunks33
  • campman
    • Sep 2003

I experienced the same problem last week, I emailed DVDFab support and gave them all the info, usually required to duplicate the problem; anyway, never heard a word from them. I then emailed the support of DVDIdle Pro since they promote or at least recommend DVDFab and asked them to please contact DVDFab about the problem. Never heard a word from them either.

Anyway, I see DVDFab has been updated but no change log to see if this problem has been fixed, hell I thought I was the only one to have it so as sorry as I am to see you also have the same problem I feel better knowing that it is not just me.

If you find a fix please post here again and I will do the same; good luck

campman

Comment

• Trunks33
      • Nov 2003

I e-mailed DVDFab as well but have not gotten a reply from them either.

I've tried a number of things but nothing works well so far. I might be getting closer to the problem's solution though. I tried loading the DVDFab disc2 videots ifo into ifoedit then clicking on dvdplayback. This operation gave me an "illegal navigation error" I searched for fixes for the illegal navigation error but did not find one that worked perfectly.

The closest is at:

If I change the Pre command pointer under VMGM_MAT First Play PGC to title 1 then the disc does play but it gives you the DVDFab insert Disc one screen. If I keep pressing the next chaper button the dvd player eventually goes to the chaper that disc2 is supposed to start at. However I cannot get it to automatically start at the correct chaper upon disc insertion. I did try setting the Pre Command to jump directly to the chaper in title 1 that disc2 is supposed to start at but this also gave an illegal navigation error.

In the meantime I'm starting to think that the slight quality loss with DVDShrink (it's still near full DVD quality) really isn't so bad when I consider that it shrunk this same DVD to one disc without a glitch.

Still though if anyone has a better solution to this split disc problem with DVDFab or other input/advice please let me know

Thanks,
      Trunks33

Comment

• Rex8u
        • Dec 2003

Also having problem playing 2nd disc after splitting !!!

I used DVDFab to rip & split the DVD9 and imgTool to burn. The first DVD played fine, the second

DVD would not pllay at all and gave me an error "check your TV system" on my Samsung DVD-812

player. any help?

Comment

• Trunks33
          • Nov 2003

Yeah, that's the same error I've gotten with every DVD I've split with DVDFab. No solution I've tried to date has worked at all and I still have not gotten a reply back from the company. Thoughts from anyone else would be appreciated. In the meantime I'm still having good success with shrinking the videos though.

Thanks.

Comment

• UncleBuck
            • Jan 2004

I also experienced a similar problem and was able to work around it with IFOEDIT. Using IFOEDIT OPEN the VIDEO_TS.IFO file for Disk 2 that was created by DVDFab. Select the Disk Image button and create a .iso file. Use DVD Decrypter in ISO Write Mode to burn the second dvd. This method creates a DVD that works in my computer and standalone DVD player!

Comment

• pravin_m51
              • Feb 2004

I have the same problem. DVDFab creates a file
              which puts TV system to "PAL". do not how to chg
              that. But you can keep the main VOBs files and
              use VOBsEdit & IFoEdit to reauthor the DVD.

Comment

Working...