Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • budnmax
    • Nov 2003

Playback plays two languages?

Hello, my fist time here. I copied a dvd movie onto hardrive and tried to play it back and it worked ok, but it plays two languages english and french alternating back and forth.

Probably should eliminate a or some files in the folder but if so, which. Any help will be mucho grateful.
    Bill
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Did you simply copy the DVD (thereby retaining its encryption), or did you use a program such as DVD Decrypter to "rip" (decrypt and copy) it to your hard drive?

2) Are you playing it from your hard drive "as a DVD", or mereley playing the individual .VOB files? (I'm guessing you're playing the individual .VOB files. When you do that, the player simply plays the FIRST audiotrack it locates in the .VOB. When you play it "as a DVD", the player follows the instructions located in the .IFO files, thereby playing the correct audiostream throughout)

Comment

• budnmax
      • Nov 2003

Thank you two times! I copied with DVD Decripter that I just downloaded tonight. I was testing the copy with Power DVD and from my hard drive. I didn't know how to "Play as a dvd". I just highlighted the files and right clicked and run or play, forget which.

I will go back try again to see if I can play as a dvd.

Thank you!
      bill

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank you two times!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• budnmax
          • Nov 2003

When I burn a disk from the files that I've tfered to my h.d. it will play properly from the disk?

Is there a way to tell the program while it is on my hard drive just to play english so I can play it from my hard drive?

One more if I may. I just bought this new computer from Dell. I thought I was getting the best available. It came with a 4x DVD/RW +RW drive. Now I just found out about +/- drives that are guaranteed to play in all dvd players. Am I going to experience problems in playing my dvds of our home videos that I'm trying to burn for my family. I don't want to give something that won't work.

Sorry for all the questions.
          Bill

Comment

Working...