What you guys think of Powerdvd 5's CLEV video enhancement?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trustno1
    • Dec 2003

What you guys think of Powerdvd 5's CLEV video enhancement?

hey people, just curious...The people that use PowerDVD 5. WHat you guys think of the CLEV video enhancement?

CYa'z =D
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I don't use it. The colours become unnatural (with CLEV enabled) and I would rather see it the way it is meant to be displayed. What do you think of CLEV anyway?

Regards.

Comment

• trustno1
      • Dec 2003

At the moment Ive got it off, hopefully it stays that way.

I can't seem to decide whether to ahve it off or on, weird I know!

I see what ya mean by the colors being unnatural, in some scenes though, I kinda find it to look better with it on as the colors are more stronger, then again more unnatural lol.

Reason I started this thread is so maybe it would help to make up my own mind

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

CLEV's overall video quality is somwhat better but u have to reduse the colors first if u dont its unnatrual and too loud.

though i dont use powerdvd/windvd anymore...
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

"I see what ya mean by the colors being unnatural, in some scenes though, I kinda find it to look better with it on as the colors are more stronger, then again more unnatural lol."

Increased colour contrast inherently means more exciting display, but deviates more from the 'true colours' palette (which, in the long run, can lead to a fatiguing and/or even annoying experience). I personally like the strong colours CLEV brings about, but inadvertently find myself quickly tired of the over-saturated colours.

Hence the reason I don't normally use CLEV (or any other 'colour-enhancing' gimmicks).

Regards.

Comment

Working...