X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borquister
    • Jan 2004

Toshiba SD-R1312, WinDVD4 & GeeForce4 playback problem

Hello,
    I have AMD Duron 1100MHZ, 384MB Ram, GeeForce4 64MB, Win2000, WinDVD4 and Toshiba SD-R1312 CD-RW/DVD combo drive.
    Each time when i try to play DVD, computer changes resolution to wierd 720x576 pixels (i tried to turn it off but i didn't find it anywhere). Then when I try to play it, the sound and video skips and is not view-able. Same problem with Audio CDs and DivX files burned on CDs. I tried to look for a toshiba driver at toshiba-europe.com, but there is not any.When I play Audio CDs in DOS mode, playback is perfect.
    My thoshiba laptop with SD-R2212 combo drive plays all DVDs, audio CDs and DivX CDs perfectly.
    Please help - what should i do to get those dvds playing?
    thanx
    Borquister
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Re: Toshiba SD-R1312, WinDVD4 & GeeForce4 playback problem

Originally posted by borquister

Each time when i try to play DVD, computer changes resolution to wierd 720x576 pixels
    thats what a dvd wide screen rresolution is, what resolution ur desktop is ? set it 800/600 atleast.

windvd somtimes do that it change the resulotion for moviw playback but it then revert to older after u shut/close the dvd player.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• borquister
      • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Toshiba SD-R1312, WinDVD4 & GeeForce4 playback problem

Originally posted by atifsh
      thats what a dvd wide screen rresolution is, what resolution ur desktop is ? set it 800/600 atleast.

windvd somtimes do that it change the resulotion for moviw playback but it then revert to older after u shut/close the dvd player.
      Well, I have 19' monitor with 1600x1200 resolution. Then it is really annoying to change the resolution all the time.

Any clues about that playback? why it's not smooth?
      Borquister

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

try power dvd 5 with hardware acceleration to see if it plays fine. also power dvd 5 will not change the resolution... atleast never happend to me with powerdvd.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...