Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sofakingdom
    • Jan 2004

Big Problem Please Help

Ok here's my painstaking problem. I had Nero software demo version and MYDVD full software on my computer. Now I was using the Nero software but it was giving me some problems such as the video would pause on the dvd. So today I decided to use the MYDVD software(came with my DVD Burner(+-R/+-RW). It worked perfectly and I was content. The demo was about to end on Nero so I decided to uninstall it. After uninstalling it, and a reboot, suddenly my Sygate Personal Free Firewall did not work. And then when I tried to open MYDVD I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library box saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Sonic\MYDVD\MYDVD.EXE

abnormal program termintaion

I have uninstalled fully following the instructions for Nero, Sygate, and MYDVD, and reinstalled MYDVD software to no avail. I also checked the websites for Nero and MYDVD and Sygate and no help was given for my problem. Please help me with this dilemma, even if you can just redirect me to another post that addresses my problem. Thank you in advance for any information anyone can provide. BTW I am using Windows 98SE.
  • Aquila
    • Jan 2004

Could be down to anything - shared .dll missing/corrupted, registry corrupted, system unstable.

When I get major problems like this that dont sort themselves out after reinstallation, I always reinstall windows. 90% of the time that fixes it all up, but if it doesn't then a clean reformat does the trick
    Visit my homepage sometime

Comment

• melios69
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Aug 2003

I think sony was having problems with their "my dvd" software.
      Check the sony website for updates.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

"tis a problem with uninstalling some programs as they will be using a Windows system file to run and when you un-install them, other programs won't work.

You could do a 'net search as to the specific error which is generated and try downloading the missing file, whether it is a missing dll, active X component, library, etc., seems un-installing Nero causes runtim error 53 on some systems (if I remember the run time # correctly, it is a dll missing). I became tired of such programs and having to re-install O.S. and installed only the (less than 1 mb freewares mentioned in my posts).

Even if you re-install the nero trial program, the file would still be missing and windows would error out (according to my experience). A re-install of O.S. , as stated by a previous poster, seems the solution unless you methodically re-installed the files which the Nero un-install deleted (or have some type of system restore (go back)).
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• mbjorke
          • Feb 2004

same problem

I have exactly the same problem with mydvd. It happened after i uninstalled Nero 6 demo. Did you manage to solve it in anyway?

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

If you have XP O.S., try system Restore to earlier time (before Nero install). If not work, re-install windows and not Nero or search net for missing dll's, etc..
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• mbjorke
              • Feb 2004

I solved it after visiting the software manufacturers homepage: http://support.sonic.com/kb/default....&product=mydvd

Title
              C++ Runtime Error while launching MyDVD

Description
              Software

Symptom
              When trying to start MyDVD, I get the "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library" error msg box which states "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Solution
              This is not an uncommon error and not always specific to MYDVD even though some users have been having issues with it when trying to start up MyDVD. Many programs across the board have this error from web graphics to video games, to video editing programs. Most times it is kernal32.dll or another .dll that needs updating not from our end as much as the system's. In some cases, updating your DVD burner's firmware may also resolve the issue.

Here are steps that you can do to start trouble shooting this error:

1) Update Microsoft Internet Explorer, Direct X, and Windows Media Player in that order. After each install, restart MyDVD to see if the program will launch. Only do this if you have MyDVD 4.0.4 and above. If you have less than MyDVD 4.0.4, then obtain an update from your OEM vendor.

2) If that fails, then update your .dll registry by doing the following:

Start-->Run. Type "regsvr32 msxml3.dll"

Then try to start up MyDVD to see if it will run.

3) If that doesn't work, then create an online incident with Sonic technical support (http://support.sonic.com/login/default.asp). Include briefly the steps you have taken so far, and your build and version of MyDVD. How to get this info is listed here:

Be sure to tell the support team what build and version exactly that you have of MyDVD. Here are the steps to find it:

Click on your My Computer icon.
              Open your (C drive.
              Open your Program Files folder.
              Open your Sonic folder.
              Open the MyDVD folder.
              Right click on the MyDVD icon and
              click on Properties.
              Then click on the Version tab.

THEN

Then there should be a tab called "build" or "private build" and there the number should be.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

Glad your MYDVD software is now working again.

So, the Nero un-install deleted a part of Windows and is therefore what caused your MYDVD software to have the problem?
                Rig :

Comment

• decryptit
                  • Jan 2004

Actually nero needs a dll that windows normally uses but still nero usally leaves a copy of this dll.As it seems the dll might be still in your system but in the wrong folder.Therfore windows performs a program termination since your software can't function properly withot that dll.

Its not only nero that does that there are quite a number of software that cause this mixing up.
                  Total Number Of Views
                  Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Jan 2004

Re: Big Problem Please Help

Originally posted by sofakingdom

Ok here's my painstaking problem.

I had Nero software demo version and MYDVD ............

The demo was about to end on Nero so I decided to uninstall it.

After uninstalling it, and a reboot, suddenly my Sygate Personal Free Firewall did not work. And then when I tried to open MYDVD I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library box saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Sonic\MYDVD\MYDVD.EXE

abnormal program termintaion

I have uninstalled fully following the instructions for Nero, Sygate, and MYDVD, and reinstalled MYDVD software to no avail.

I also checked the websites for Nero and MYDVD and Sygate and no help was given for my problem.

Please help me with this dilemma, even if you can just redirect me to another post that addresses my problem.

Decrptit,

Why be defensive of (Nero) a business, unless ?
                    Rig :

Comment

• decryptit
                      • Jan 2004

Since nero is a verygood software i like to be defensive towards it.Since it uses many resources it needs to make use some of the
                      system files found in the system directory of windows.
                      Unfortunaltly when uninstalling the bundle many kinds of problems could occur since there are files used by other programs and even by the os itself.

Nero warns you when uninstalling the bundle and during the unistalling process you wil be promted if you would like to remove files which are no longer used by nero but may be used by other programs.And uninstalling them would lead to dll problems.
                      Total Number Of Views
                      Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• askforlinda
                        • Mar 2004

Thankyou so much for giving me the answer I was looking for!

Originally posted by mbjorke
                        I solved it after visiting the software manufacturers homepage: http://support.sonic.com/kb/default....&product=mydvd

Title
                        C++ Runtime Error while launching MyDVD

Description
                        Software

Symptom
                        When trying to start MyDVD, I get the "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library" error msg box which states "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Solution
                        This is not an uncommon error and not always specific to MYDVD even though some users have been having issues with it when trying to start up MyDVD. Many programs across the board have this error from web graphics to video games, to video editing programs. Most times it is kernal32.dll or another .dll that needs updating not from our end as much as the system's. In some cases, updating your DVD burner's firmware may also resolve the issue.

Here are steps that you can do to start trouble shooting this error:

1) Update Microsoft Internet Explorer, Direct X, and Windows Media Player in that order. After each install, restart MyDVD to see if the program will launch. Only do this if you have MyDVD 4.0.4 and above. If you have less than MyDVD 4.0.4, then obtain an update from your OEM vendor.

2) If that fails, then update your .dll registry by doing the following:

Start-->Run. Type "regsvr32 msxml3.dll"

Then try to start up MyDVD to see if it will run.

3) If that doesn't work, then create an online incident with Sonic technical support (http://support.sonic.com/login/default.asp). Include briefly the steps you have taken so far, and your build and version of MyDVD. How to get this info is listed here:

Be sure to tell the support team what build and version exactly that you have of MyDVD. Here are the steps to find it:

Click on your My Computer icon.
                        Open your (C drive.
                        Open your Program Files folder.
                        Open your Sonic folder.
                        Open the MyDVD folder.
                        Right click on the MyDVD icon and
                        click on Properties.
                        Then click on the Version tab.

THEN

Then there should be a tab called "build" or "private build" and there the number should be.

Comment

• mbjorke
                          • Feb 2004

Re: Thankyou so much for giving me the answer I was looking for!

Very glad that you found this useful askforlinda, I had to search like hell to find a sollution, luckily i didn't have to reinstall my computer.

Comment

Working...