Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moles42
    • Aug 2003

Region Settings for Pioneer?

I've just purchased a Pioneer DVR-106D but before using it I thought I'd ask about the region settings.
    do I have to tell it what region I'm using before I can rip any movies.
    I have the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink programs but I'm just a little concerned about my burner locking me out if I incorrectly set the region.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanx.

Mike.
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

moles42,

you only get so many region changes before sending unit back to factory for a change.

Most people set the region for what region they live in . Such as Japan would be region 2, U.s. would be Region 1, etc..

Others opt for a region-free hack download and take their chances @ ruining their drives functionality, some have a software installed which "tricks" their drive and/or dvd player software into playing discs from other regions.

Dvddecrypter will automatically set the region for you (according to program). But the "fool-proof" method is to type that "prefferred" single-digit # into that device box screen.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• moles42
      • Aug 2003

thanx friend...i will follow your advice and put the number in.

i do have dvd region free 3 installed anyhow.

Mike.

Comment

• decryptit
        • Jan 2004

You would like to rip your dvd,if yes just ude a ripper like dvd decrypter or smart ripper.No need of telling us the current region of your disc.
        Total Number Of Views
        Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...