X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Meddler
    • Feb 2004

DVD Playback problem on Geforce 4

Hello.

I'm having a problem with DVD playback on my new video card. If anyone has a clue of how to fix it the help would be much appreciated.

It's a Win98 system, the card is a GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8X which I bought for the TV out and because DVDs were a bit jumpy on my old card. I watch DVDs using WinDVD4, which was fine on my old video card.

The problem is a series of horizontal black lines going across the screen, all the way down the picture, both on the monitor and TV out. As it's easier to see than explain, here are some pictures:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

(They're photos of the screen rather than screengrabs - the picture comes out normal on screengrabs for some reason)

The first time it happened, altering the refresh rate seemed to cure it. The next day, the problem came back and this fix no longer worked. I reinstalled the drivers (53.04 - the newest ones from the site) and that seemed to cure it. Today the problem is back, and reinstalling drivers no longer makes a difference.

Any help on this problem would be appreciated. It's not much fun watching DVDs with a Venetian Blind effect on them.
  • The Meddler
    • Feb 2004

I should add that I've also tried enabling and disabling the Hardware Decode and Colour Acceleration with no joy.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

Looks like a "macrosplat" (macrovision) problem. My eyesight isn't quite what it used to be, though.......and I cured my rig's potential problem with "macrosplat" a long time ago.

You could do a 'net search referencing macrovision problems and your card. Might find a download (whether a hack, etc.) to solve problem. Could try to download every bit of software from mfg. site, also, rather from cd (if download is available).
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...