Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redplague
    • Mar 2004

DVD Player Screensize Problem

My problem is that DVD/VCD and SVCD disks are played to large on my settop DVD player, they are fine when played on my PC,
    but when i play them in my DVD player for my TV, is that it overscans quite a lot, i'm missing a portion on the left side of my screen, as well as the top and the bottom, with movies and also with the menu's, does anyone know how to counteract this problem ?

My mother has the same player, an Apex DVD player, and she has the same problem, whe do not have this problem with original (bought) DVD's, so i must be doing something wrong...i think..

I've been thinking that it's possible to make a black border around my video's, but i don't like that option very much, maybe someone knows a solution ?

That would make me a very, very happy man !!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What software and procedures are you using to create VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs (It's hard to believe you've got this problem with burned DVDs)?

Is the Netherlands part of the PAL "world" or NTSC?

Comment

• Redplague
      • Mar 2004

The Netherlands is a Pal Country...

And i've used TMPGEnc with TMPGENC DVD Author, i also tried Roxio DVD Builder, Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2.0, Pinnacle Quickstart 8.8, and Adobe Encore 1.0..
      They all have the same result, so i think it must be my DVD player, and not the Authoring software...

I never tried to build it as an NTSC project, maybe that will work, i don't know, but my player is region free, so i can try that if you think that might solve my problem..

thanks for this quick reply !

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"if you think that might solve my problem.."

I don't believe that will solve anything. (I asked about PAL or NTSC because I thought you might be using the incorrect resolutions)...

Comment

• Redplague
          • Mar 2004

I'm using a resolution of 720x576 and 25fps..
          I'm farely new at DVD authoring and i've read that this should be the resolution to work with, but...i've also read somewhere that i should use 704x576 and 25fps, could that be it ?

Comment

Working...