X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • victor010170
    • Mar 2004

Hi all

HI,

I am a new member and a slow learner as well. any way, I need help badly. I am currently using nikon image mixer to down load analog movie to pc with dv camcorder firewire. The program only runs upto 4 gb (avi) then stop. It design that way per Nikon.

I have heard virtualdub will able to download all the way, and able to convert to avi only if I know how to change the set-up once I install the program. I have reviewed many websites, download many files and still can not find any where a guide to install, steps to change the set-up for an idiot like me. I need help from those who have used virtualdub. I have intel p4, 2.6 gh, 2.0 gb ram, 240 gb hdd, xp home edition, ati 9600 xt. Software: image mixer, tmpgenc plus 2.5 and tpmgenc dvd author.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The program only runs upto 4 gb (avi) then stop."

Most such capture programs will allow you to select the codec you wish to use for creating the .AVI. If this is the case for you, download and install a DivX codec - and use it to capture your video (It will still be an .AVI file). Your system appears to be powerful enough to accomplish capturing in this manner, without dropping any frames.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...