Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ksc
    • Feb 2002

setarip, one more question

i downloaded a trial version of the TMPGEnc Plus... and it states that a 70 minute movie can fit on a 650 mb cd-r.... I know this is a long movie and it all won't fit on a 650 mb i don't think, haven't really checked the size of the files yet to see if they will fit, but also, this movie is split into two separate files... how can i get them both onto one 700 mb cd-r, is there a way of compressing them or something.. sorry i'm sort of illiterate when it comes to burning, im still learning thanks for your help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I gather that these are not files that you've created (you've downloaded). They are undoubtedly already compressed. What you've read regarding a VCD is correct (60 to 70 minutes of video per CD) and, therefore, most VCDs of full-length movies require burning to two CD-Rs. the fact that you've already got two separate files makes your life a little simpler.

What format are the files?

Comment

• ksc
      • Feb 2002

setarip, format of my files

they show that they are .scr files... but the scr also has a . after it I believe when i was downloading them they said they were avi files... maybe cuz they are long file names the avi doesn't show up, but also this mpgenc thing i think only converts to mpeg... I think anyway... maybe I don't have the right mpgenc that you have... lemme know if you have any other helps u can give.. and thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

They are .AVI files (the".SCR" is irrelevant to this conversation, as it is merely indicative of how the .AVI was originally captured).

ALL versions of TMPGEnc have the ability to convert .AVI files to MPEG1-VideoCD (ready-to-burn) format. Just click on the "Setting" radio button. Select the "System" tab. Change the mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...