Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackwater
    • Mar 2004

Rip, Compress and Burn?

Is there a software out there that isn't a rip off of another persons product that can do all 3 of these without me sitting around and looking at windiws and instructions that I don't have the ability to understand some times??

I just want to back up my dvd's to Cd's thats all. I'm feeling a bit like a lame a** that I haven't yet been able to do this after 3 days of trying. I seem to have downloaded all this software that does the same stuff but has the same basic programs (are these called bundles?)

Thanks,

Chris
  • Spliff
    • Apr 2004

For ripping and burning purposes, take DVDShrink. I suggest using version 3.0beta5 as I got problems with later releases.

There may be packages that can automate the process of ripping, compressing and even burning the final dvd... but i owe none so I can't say a thing about that.

In case you might try this way out, just rip off the files using DVDShrink, then switch to any DVD enabled burning program (like Nero, WinOnCD, ...), choose as an template "DVD Movie" and place ALL the output files from DVDShrink inside the "VIDEO_TS" folder. Once this is done, start the burning process.

Depending on your CPU speed and burning, the whole process should take about 60 to 90 minuts. That's what it takes me, at least.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Spliff; 26 Apr 2004, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

What Spliff (love that name!) suggests is about as close to a streamlined operation as you can get for a straightforward backup but you actually say "dvd's to Cd's"? Was this a typo?
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Spliff
        • Apr 2004

Rip, Compress and Burn?

Well, in case it's really DVD to CD, that thing is a snap

There're numerous tools on the net that can decode DVD VOB files on the fly, converting them to mpeg1/2 streams, ready for burning.

In case no commercial burning tool is available or affordable, take a look at VCDeasy. At least, up to version 1.1.4 it's freeware.

Also worth evaluating: :Max 'DVD to MPEG'. Should be no problem to succeed with cds only...

Comment

Working...