X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clanser
    • Aug 2003

DVD region Killer

Hi chaps,
    When region killer is enabled and I check my dvd drives for region protection with driveinfo22 I am told they are region protected,however when disabling region killer I am told the drives are region free(which they are)
    As a matter of interest does anyone know why regionkiller confuses the driveinfo proggy?
    Regards Clanser
  • joegib
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2001

RK's strategy is to put a layer of "camouflage" between your region-free drive and your OS/software player that fools the latter into seeing the drive as still being region-protected. That way they don't insist on using up one of your 5 "allowed" region changes when a disk for another region is loaded. As long as RK remains loaded this works indefinitely.

In fact RK's camouflage is so effective that it also fools some drive diagnostic programs into seeing the drive as still region-protected. So, the rule is make sure RK is completely disabled before running diagnostics.

Comment

• clanser
      • Aug 2003

Region Killer

Hi,
      Thanks for the explanation,it all makes sense now!
      Best Regards
      Clanser

Comment

• alley_kat
        • Dec 2004

ON my notebook I used up all d regions and when I installed d DVD region killer on my notebook and said that I hav five more changes left. How did dat happen? What does the region killer actually do when u use all ur chances 2 change ur region?
        thanx

Comment

• clanser
          • Aug 2003

Region Killer

Hi,
          Make sure region killer is enabled ie a green world picture on the taskbar lower right hand side,and it will automatically keep software changes allowed to 5. ie they never run out.
          Drive has to be flashed with rpc1 firmware,
          Regards Clanser

Comment

Working...