Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyuss
    • Jun 2004

Can you play .VOB files?

I've got this movie, and it's all in .VOB files, aren't those sound files? I donno, how can i make these 4 gigs of files usefull to me, burn them on a DVD? thx.

--Kyuss
  • Kyuss
    • Jun 2004

ahhh.. they seem to be seperate on the files list, are the chapters perhaps? there is also.BUP files in the folder as well. Oh and i do have a DVD burner.

--Kyuss

Comment

• ziadost
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

VOB files are DVD mpeg-2 video files... to play them, on your PC, download a software dvd player, such as "powerdvd".

to burn them on a dvd, check out "DVDShrink", and search for a guide on google.

good luck
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Kyuss
        • Jun 2004

hahah thanks, they work great, fact i'm gonna stay home and watch my movie now. After waiting almost a week for it. lol But thanks alot. oh i'm using the Powerdvd software, any good?

Comment

• ziadost
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

glad to be of help

the best dvd players are definately powerdvd and windvd... which is better is a matter of opinion
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• munish1000
            • May 2005

I have windvd do I still need separate software to burn the dvd like DVDSHRINK (Ziadost wrote earlier) or windvd will do that? If windvd could do, please advice me instructions.

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

The full WinDVD incorporates a burner app I believe but the usual bundled one is merely a software player.
              DVD Shrink itself is only a tool for compressing commercial 'greater than 4.7Gb' movies down to that for writing to blank media. It can be 'linked' to Nero or DVD Decrypter for the subsequent writing/burning.
              This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...