Terry Gilliam
    0%
    Akira Kurosawa
    0%
    Brian DePalma
    0%
  • Simon T
    • Nov 2001

Strange poll! I think there are more directors than listed. Where is Oliver Stone? Has he been murdered by Micky & Mallory or so?

I liked Any Given Sunday, Natural Born Killers and all the rest of his work.

C U!
    Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• levendis
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Simon T
      Strange poll! I think there are more directors than listed. Where is Oliver Stone? Has he been murdered by Micky & Mallory or so?

Of course there are, but the poll is limited to ten possible answers, and I cut Stone off because I didn't want to put ALL good directors on there... I was going for a spectrum, which is why Spielberg and DePalma are on the list instead of Stone and Darren Aronofsky.

But no one seems to care to vote anyway, so ah well...

Comment

• Simon T
        • Nov 2001

I've voted!!!

I've just choosen Steven Spielberg. I think all the rest is just to 'obsessed' by movies, (which is not badà.
        But Spielberg is able to make movies for everyone: With Saving Private Ryan, he proved he can more than making a child movie about a little alien, so called ET.

The only really thing that sucks about him are the Jurassic Parks. The first was really good but Spielberg could also make the movie more philosophical like the book.
        But parts 2 and 3 are just UGLY!!! It's even comparable with the Polica Academy: the first is good, the second is less good and the rest stinks.
        Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• Jukebox
          • Mar 2002

I think Tarantino, Lynch and Kubrik are the 3 best directors ever. But I decided to vote Kubrik.

Comment

• burninggoat
            • Jun 2004

Tarantino needs a vote. I gave mine to Kubrick though. I understand your reasoning with putting Spielberg on the list but he doesn't even compare to the rest. The only great films he made were Jaws and Schindler's List. JP:The Lost World was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. AI was a turd and Jurassic Park was written by a child. I enjoy the Indiana Jones Trilogy but most Spielberg films are just plain Hollywood crap. Hitchcock is cool but I would have opted to put Welles on there instead. Welles made some turds (I haven't seen 'em) but he made Citizen Kane for crying out loud. DePalma I am not too keen on. Where's the Coen Bros. (Maybe the belong in the "favorite film director(s)" category). I love Scorsese, but what was up with Gangs of New York? Anyone else think that was a terrible film? But Scorsese is still the man. Tim Burton's bad films outweigh his good ones. He should not be considered. Put Francis Ford Coppola in there too. The rest are all cool by my book. Lynch, Gilliam and Kurosawa... that's a bada$$ trio.

Comment

• Sophocles
              • Jul 2004

I would've suggested Orson Welles for "Citizen Kane" alone
              "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

• bigorange
                • Jun 2004

Never mind!

Comment

Working...