Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMDLP
    • Jun 2004

Help with DVP-NS575P

Could somebody help me on this? I have a DVD sony DVP-NS575P, it is an standalone unit, the region it plays is 4. I would like to change it to all regions. Is it possible? If somebody has the procedure, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
  • Noah
    • Jul 2004

I have the same problem... I tried a hack said for sony NS series that uses Omniremote program for Palm (using Palm internal IR) but didn't work... by now I'm hopeless...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility and possible hacks, go to:

Comment

• Noah
        • Jul 2004

Dvdrhelp.com has no hacks for Sony NS575P

Hi Setarip,

I know this excelent site for a long time, but there is no hacks for this model in it yet. I just found today http://www.regionfreedvd.net/player/sony.html
        with many IR codes to be used with Onmiremote (using import feature). I haven't tested them all yet... I hope I find a sony hack that works for NS575P... let's see...

Comment

• Noah
          • Jul 2004

Tested but....

Hi everybody,

I tried to hack my Sony NS575 with all IR code sets presented in the cited site in the previous message, however they didn´t work.
          By now, I found a posible hack at http://www.selen.org/sonydvd.html but I didn´t test it yet. They say that it works with NS575...

Let´s see...

Noah
          Last edited by Noah; 18 Aug 2004, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• emocu
            • Jan 2005

Hi Noah:
            I'm waiting for you. I've been trying the hack at www.selen.org without success, my unit could not play other regions. I just want to know about your attempts. Oh, sorry, I have a Sony DVP-NS575P and it plays region 1 and 4, but I want it to play region 2.

Comment

• bob156
              • Jan 2005

Hi emocu,

I just purchased my DVD Player with the intention of giving it as gift to a friend in Central America. But I just found out that they are in a different region. Could you tell me how you modifed your player for region 1 and 4?

Comment

• emocu
                • Jan 2005

Hi bob156:
                Sorry, I can not help you, my player plays regions 1 and 4 since I bought it and I've been trying all methods I found here and at others forums and got any success. Maybe, you want to try the method at www.selen.org/sonydvd.html, it seems to work with those players which play region 2 but I can not reassure you it is true. I wish you good luck.

Comment

• XCLR8_4000
                  • Dec 2005

I tried putting in codes that require accessing a special menu:

DVD must be turned off
                  Press Tope Menu
                  Press Clear
                  Press Power *To turn it on*

As it is turned on, a special screen will pop up. Then I press 2 and then 4. This will bring me to the part to enter a certain number.

In the first line, I entered:

Then I pressed enter and teh 2nd line will automatically turn 0's. Then, it will start opening and closing. But when it starts opening and closing, from what I read, I must quickly repeat teh process and now enter 0's in the first line. SO I quickly eneterd 0 *To go to the main special menu* and eneterd 2 and then 4. Then I pressed 100000. *The reason is because if you pressed 0 you will return to the special main menu.* Then you press Enter. And it will stop before it opens and closes for teh 2nd time. I was in high hopes that this will work for my DVP-NS575P. But it failed. I read that a no name brand does not have a multi-region code. And if it does, it is easier to hack. I am thinking in selling this DVD player and get a no name brand. Because I have this DVD that will not play in my DVD player. OH, and just to let you guys know. This DVD player has been bought here in teh US and is defaulted to region 1. Since the last person's post was back at January, I was wondering if anyone else found a way to make it work. I am afraid to use this hack here at this site, thinking it may mess up my DVD player:

Or do I have to use this type of hack to make my dvd player a multi region?

Comment

Working...