Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mountain60
    • Jul 2004

Cannot playback the copied DVD on standalone DVD Player

I copied a DVD (over 7 GB in size) to a DVD-R (4.7 GB) in the following way, but I am not able to play the DVD in a regular standalone DVD Player. The copied DVD plays fine on my PC. I don't know if the problem lies in the copy or playback step. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Use DVD Decrypter to copy to hard disk.
    2. Create a destination directory in hard disk, and use DVD2One to compress the files to the destination directory.
    3. Move all the compressed files to a directory called VIDEO_TS.
    4. Use Roxio to copy VIDEO_TS to DVD-R media.
  • johne88
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2004

if you have Nero..use it...and it also depends on your standalone...you need too test all media and find out what works best in your standalone...R-..will almost always go...try a RW+

Comment

• mountain60
      • Jul 2004

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

Check here for your dvd player and dvd media compatibility
        Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• mountain60
          • Jul 2004

I was able to play the other videos burned on the same type of dvd media. It doesn't seem to me a compatibility issue. Thanks anyway!

Comment

• Jack Rookhuyzen
            • Sep 2004

Copied DVDs play computer but not in Home unit

I have the same problem as Mountain60: I use DVD Shrink to save to HD and have used both Roxio and Nero to copy to disk. I have tried both +/- DVDs and DVDRWs...All of the DVDs will play great on both mine (2) and a friend computers, but not on our home units. I have a "Go-Video" and a "Toshiba", and he has a "Panasonic". Here is the ringer...He uses the same copy programs, but his DVDs will play on both of our home units. I have a MadDog (NECDVD_RW ND_2500A) Firmware ver.1.06 in a home build AMD 2200+ with XP-Pro

What a head scratcher....What am I missing?

Comment

Working...