X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanmuga
    • Aug 2004

Multi DVD ?

Hi all,

I have in my possession couple of dvd's each with 5 dvd movies in it. It's marked as a 'Multi-dvd'. My DVD drive (compaq dvd-rom dvd115) does not recognize the dvd rom. The drive is shown empty, I have tried it in a cd-rom drive, the drive light comes on and stays on, but nothing else happens. The same dvd-rom runs well (recognized by windows as a dvd-rom) in my friends drive, which is a newer Samsung drive.

Does this type of DVD-rom requires newer players or is there any way to make Windows recognize it ?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Is this a legitimate COMMERCIAL pressed DVD - or is it possibly a burned (bootleg or otherwise) DVD+R or DVD-R?

If it is a burned DVD+R or DVD-R:

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• shanmuga
      • Aug 2004

Thanks for the reply, setarip

The person who originally purchased the pack is not available for clarification. The pack looks like a legitimate box pack. The front label of the pack states as follows;

5 in 1 movies. IT'S A DVD COURT PRESENTATION
      followed by the stills and names of the movies,
      Tears of the Sun, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemy Lines, We were soldiers, Wind Talkers
      On the rear all the usual markings are there, like dts digital surround, dolby digital, dvd etc. It also has the following information in caps;
      Information:This multi dvd has been remastered from latest technology of video compression taking the source from original dvd, all the special features, subtitles and menus remains same as original movie suitable for all type of media
      Any clues ?

It's really frustrating to have 15 good DVD movies on hand but not to have windows recognize the discs.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Tears of the Sun, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemy Lines, We were soldiers, Wind Talkers"

Not all produced by the same studio - must be a "bootleg" (illegal) DVD - probably NOT a pressed DVD - probably either DVD-R or DVD+R, one of which your drive doesn't recognize...

Comment

Working...