X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k8tz
    • Aug 2004

Converting from SONY dv camera to DVD

Hi,

I just bought a DVD writer, and been experimenting, as to what sofware I should use to transfer and convert my DV movies to DVD. Ive successfully tried using power director to capture the video in mpeg2 format, then converting this to a DVD file using TMPGEnc DVD authoring software. I burnt this to DVD, and the quality was quite good. But compared to normal DVD quality, there is still a difference. Can anyone help/advise me, on how I can improve the quality of my video (maybe there is better software, that Im not using!). Any help on achieving top quality sound would also be much appreciated.

KETZilla
  • jeet49
    • Aug 2004

try this...

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Comment

• bgraaf
      • Aug 2004

DVD Software

Ulead Movie Factory software is reasonably good. I have found that DVD Lab Pro is even better (much more professional), especially when you have a Sony cam that provides widescreen images.

You might want to use Studio (v9) for video editing; Ulead or DVD Lab Pro for burning and creating menu's etc..

Comment

• k8tz
        • Aug 2004

Thanks for the reply.
        I tried Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator, and it works quite well. I have now no problem with the picture quality. But I am confused, as to why the picture quality is so clear when I capture my video as an AVI file, compared to DVD quality option. When I select this DVD quality option, the picture is quite bad...why is this?
        Also how is DVD lab pro better for capturing from my Sony cam?
        And does anyone reccomend how to improve the sound quality, e.g. dolby digital encoder?

Comment

Working...