Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salwiz
    • Aug 2004

looking for software suggestions

I produce several shows for my local cable access company and receive the programs on DVD. I own the copyright & the shows. Now I want to edit some, create new openings & write to DVD so they look better and play on standard DVD players.

I have taped and edited several (SVHS/mini-DV and Final Cut Pro), so I'm not a total newbie I'm now trying to transfer some activities to Windows XP so I can work at home.

I've been trying Ulead VisualStudio 8 which works very well to take the video on the DVDs and convert to editable MPG files - audio & video. HOWEVER, I get no audio. When I import the files to MovieMaker2 (or play in RP or WMP) the audio is fine. Only problem is writing video - e.g. avi, wmv - in MM2 looks like the estimated time grows to 999+ minutes

I'm looking for a solution for UVS - something in preferences - or another package. without breaking my mostly empty bank.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. Also, if this is the wrong forum (just deleted from "ripping" forum and posted here), please let me know.

SalWiz
  • Floppy

I must congratulate you on th Ulead Videostudio 8 choice. It is a very capable program indeed (It is my preference after a couple others).

Do you have no audio on the playback from your Hard drive or only after burning those files to DVD W/ UVS8?

I would use UVS8 to capture/Import, edit ant save the files required but to burn I would use NeroVision Express 2.

Give it a try on a RW (Thank you to ormonde for this great tip).

MM2 is a powerfull video editor but it is Microsoft at heart so allowences must be made to coverting/saving speeds.

Again Nerovision should help with the conversion/burn of these files.

These are the approaches I would try.

Let me know

Comment

• salwiz
      • Aug 2004

RE: looking for software suggestions

Thanks for the response.

The problem: when I import video from the dvd (video_ts files) the video and audio are both captured. When I play the video in UVS, there is no audio. When I save to an avi or other file, there is no audio. However, the program created-MPG files play as expected in windows media player and in MM2.

I'm just not sure if there is a setting I need to turn on or off to get the audio to play in UVS.

I like the program because it worked very well in trial when I imported and edited avi files I had exported from from final cut pro.

I bought roxio easy...7.0 because I have a short promo to assemble but I'm not sure I like the way it captures the video_ts files: one BIG file rather than the shorter segments (approx 5 minutes each) that UVS created.

Sally

Comment

• Floppy

Hi there Sally.

There is a patch out for UVS8 this find it here:

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Open UVS8 once it's fully loaded (after applying patch) press F6
        the preferences men should pop-up>>Under instant playback target(from the drop down menu)choose the preferred method (I chose preview window).

You can also decide which the playback method I chose high quality since I'm not worried about resources.

I would however convert the Video_ts files first to .avi/mpeg2 which ever u prefer.

Roxio I dont know enough about it but you can always use the files captured by one program and import them into the other.

Let me know

Comment

Working...