Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peege711
    • Aug 2004

PS2 Playback Question

hey i just got a Powerbook and i was using the program idvd to burn a dvd of some home movies i made with my dv cam, i was using TDK DVD+R they are purple on the bottom, when i put the dvd in the ps2 it just says disc read error, does anyone know if its perhaps the type of media im using, someone told me to use dvd-r does the ink color matter what color does ps2 read the best? i know the dvd works cause i brought it home and it played in my home toshiba dvd player. Or does ps2 just not play burned DVD's at all? would a so called mod chip help?
  • Jinu
    • Nov 2004

A lot of DVD burners burn discs in UDF format. Old DVD players and PS2s can't read UDF. Check the DVD to see if it's burnt in the UDF file system format. If it is, then that's your problem.

I would recommend burning DVDs in CDFS format if you want anything besides a computer to be able to read them. Short of changing the firmware edition on your burn drive, I'm not sure you can do much about it burning in UDF format if it's determined to do so. However, try burning the disc with a different program. DVD Decrypter seems to be able to burn in CDFS even when the burn drive's firmware edition is wrong.

And on a side note: If you figure out how to burn in CDFS and then all the discs you try to burn come out broken, make sure you're not burning on discs that are faster than your drive. Sometimes 2.4X drives have trouble burning CDFS on 4X and 8X discs.

In any case, getting a mod chip won't help. PlayStations can read region "ALL" DVDs.
    Last edited by Jinu; 8 Nov 2004, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...