TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 not recognizing my DVD Burner?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coleywrx
    • Oct 2004

TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 not recognizing my DVD Burner?

I start with an .avi file, rip the audio to .wav with VirtualDubMod, Encode them with TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus to .m2v and .mp2 files and author them into a DVD file with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 (Trial Version). Everything works fine until I go to Burn a DVD. My DVD burner (Samsung SH-W08A) is not being recognized by the program. There's nothing in the drop down box, it just say to "Insert Media", which I have done.

This burner works fine with DVDXCOPY, but that program will not do what I'm trying to do, which is burn DVD from HDTV .avi files.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What O/S are you running?

Comment

• coleywrx
      • Oct 2004

Win XP sp2 fully updated. The burner has been installed and worked with DVDXCOPY under SP1 as well. And, it works fine with DVD Decrypter.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'd suggest you go to the publisher's website and communicate your problem there. It may be that the publisher will have to update/modify the burning part of its program.

1) Have you previously successfully used an older version of TMPGEnc DVD Author with this burner?

2) Is this burner a very new model?

Comment

• coleywrx
          • Oct 2004

I tried to go to their website, but a working serial number is required for their email support form and I'm using the trial version.

My DVD Burner is a fairly new Samsung model. I bought it from newegg about 3 months ago and installed it with no problem. It works with both DVD Decrypter and DVDXCopy. Not that big of a deal, I'm burning an ISO file and then burning that with DVDD.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Go here to see the list of supported drives:

pegasys,tmpgenc,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,tmpg,tmpgenc,te,tda,dsc

Comment

Working...