DESPERATE HELP ! Somebody please clear things !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chriss_013
    • Jan 2005

DESPERATE HELP ! Somebody please clear things !

Yes well I need help. First of all my harware specs :
    - AMD XP 2600+ 133Mhz FSB
    - KOBIAN VIA KT 266A FDSX Motherboard
    - 512 MB DDRAM PC2100;
    - HDD MAXTOR 80Gb, ATA 133, 7200rpm;
    - ASUS 1604P DVD-Writer;
    - GeForce FX 5700LE 128MB DDRAM, 128bit;
    - Sounblaster Audigy 2, 6.1;
    - Pinnacle PCTV TV-Tuner;
    - Hercules FireWire adapter;
    - TRENDNet Network Card 10/100 Mbps.

My system was pretty the same until last 3 weeks, when I've decided to change my existing Geforce 4 MX440 with FX 5700 LE. And at the start of this week I've bought the DVD-witer.
    Latest graphic drivers, latest DVD firmware and so on.
    I don't know but at some point movies started to freeze ( DivX with BSPlayer-ffdshow-AC3filter and DVD's with WinDVD 6). Sometimes freezes, sometimes green screen on my TV and so on. At that time I used WinXP service pack2. Yesterday I've decided to reinstall WinXP, only with SP1 this time...and DirectX 9c and MediaPlayer 10 and latest drivers from motherboad manufacturer website.
    Damn'...I've tried different Nvidia drivers (56.72-old ones, 61.77, 66.93) and I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS with DVD's ! No problems with DivX's but SAME RANDOMLY problems with freezing computer during DVD playbak.
    ( playback from DVD or HDD...both cases are the same ). And even more now ! Not just freezing, but when WinDVD freeze in the speakers I have a cotinuue signal....like 10KHz wavr or something. And of course the remedee is "Reset" button...
    Really I don't know what should I do...
    Now, I'll go home from work, and I'll try to update my motherboard BIOS
    with last version...and...damn' ...to reinstall WinXP...
    So if somebody have an ideea in following 2 hours to save me from this titanic work I would be very thankfull...

(excuse my English )
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Are these commercial movies, your recordings or both?
    Have you tried a system restore?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• chriss_013
      • Jan 2005

comercial videos, my own videos, from DVD videos and from HDD videos...same thing...
      As I said friday, I've updated motherboard BIOS and again a clean install for WinXP+SP1. Drivers from manufacturer for every adapter in my computer....Same thing...Not so worse as first time but from time to time my WinDVD freezes ( no, nothing is working in background ). And even more, now BSPlayer don't want to play any movie so...? any ideea ?

Comment

• chriss_013
        • Jan 2005

some news...
        First, I've solved the problem with BS Player...It seems that it didn't work only for DivX5/Xvid viseos. With Div3 everything was fine. So, I've removed ffdshow codec, Xvid codec and DivX codec...And suprise ! BSPlayer started to play DivX5/Xvid videos by decoding them with some crap MPEG 4 decoder from Intervideo ( I guess installed with WinDVD)...Of course first thing to do it was to kick out that damn codec from my system. And after that everything was fiiiiiiine !
        The problem with BSPlayer was that (as I said) it could only play Div3 videos...At DivX/Xvid don't play, or played a 5 or ten minutes of the video and then freeze with green screen on my TV.

Ok, now second, DVD Playback.
        I've still had problems with WinDVD (not as persistent as before but still randomly freezes).
        Yesterday I've used for the first time Zoom Player. Istalled and start for an Eric Clapton concert which in WinDVD used to freeze everytime when chaper changes.
        So play and after 3 minutes Zoom Player freezes, TV is green, sond freezes and so on....Damn !
        BUT ! and there is a big BUT ! ZoomPlayer used to render the video with Overlay Mixer. And somehow I had the ideea to change the video renderer in WMR 9 Windowed ! Daaaaaamn ! I was so glad ! I've played two times that disc and every thing was smooooth an fine ! No freezes ! No green screen TV !
        Fod DVD decoder I've used WindDVD's decoder and for audio AC3 filter (last release). I've tryed WinDVD's audio decoder but...hmmm...there was strange noises and pops...

So that is the story...I hope there will be usefull for someone.

Now, if someone know...which video renderer give best quality ? Overlay Mixer or WMR9 ? And which could be the problem in rendering video with Overlay Mixer ? Could be the Graphic Card driver ?

Thaks a lot for attention

Comment

Working...