X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guydanieli
    • Jan 2005

PAL R2 Doesn't Play on PAL DVD player

HI!
    I bought several Pal DVD's in Pal region 2 and they play back very well on my 3 Apex and 3 Terapin. But a week ago, I received 2 other movies in PAL region 2. "The fall of the Roman empire" (From Taiwan) and "Les comperes"(from Denmark). I cannot play back those movies on any of my machines. What do I have to do? I receive a message " Wrong Region" . But I do not receive that message with movies from Russia!
    I was wondering if somebody can help me and if you know a software to copy a PAL movie to NTSC or Pal to Pal. By the way I bought the movie the 3 Musketeers with Gene Kelly. On the box it says region 2 and the movie plays only on NTSC machines. It doesn't play back on Pal machine! Really weird
    Thank you so much for your help
    Danieli
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

certain dvd titles may/will have a region lock encoded - meaning that your player may need to be set to that specific region (not "all regions"). read dvd info & set the region on your player to it

are you buying all these dvd's from the same place ?

Comment

• guydanieli
      • Jan 2005

Hi
      Thanks for your response. How can I set my player on the region 2?
      It's a Terapin. The remote has a P and a N for Pal and NTSC.
      Inside the player, I do not know what to do. I tried to make a copy of those movies using DVDShring and you know what? The Schrink decoded the PAL and made a copy of the movie in NTSC. Really I do not understand those DVD's
      Please let me know on how to change the Region. I only have problem with those 2 DVD's. I bought those DVD's from different places
      Thanks again !!
      Guy

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2004

## The Schrink decoded the PAL and made a copy of the movie in NTSC ##
        no chance of that happening (but lots of people wish for it lol)
        it would have been ntsc to start with. perhaps wrong info was printed on the cover.

i need a model number for the "terapin" (hope it's not too new)

Comment

• guydanieli
          • Jan 2005

Hello
          You are right! Wrong info ! That PAL DVD (Original) did not play on my Terapin TT-2600DVD , my Apex 5131 and on my Sony (NTSC)DVP-S7000 and DVP-S7700.

The copy I made was a PAL! But I do not understand why the original region 2 PAL doesn't want to play on any Pal/NTSC machine.

My copy plays very well on my Terapin and Apex because they are NTSC/PAL. I tried on the NTSC Sony ..you are right . It did not play. It was kind of confusig. It's like when I use the Schrink, I remove something!!?? And I can play the copy very well. When I use the Schrink, it doesn't give me any choice .He makes a PAL copy that you can play (European) from a PAL original that you cannot play.
          Kind of funny. Do you know the reason? The Schrink did not indicate that it will make a region free DVD either
          Thank you very much for answering me. It's very nice from you
          Guy Danieli

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2004

Terapin TT-2600DVD :

sony DVP-S7000 :

sony DVP-S7700 :

nothing concrete on the apex

check dvdshrink settings :
            dvdshrink/backup/dvd region .... region free checked ?

there is no choice in dvdshrink to use "pal or ntsc". whatever format goes in ... the backup will be the same

Comment

• guydanieli
              • Jan 2005

We do not have the choice with a PAL DVD to check region free or another region. It's automatic! It goes to PAL Europe. And the copy can be plated after that I use DVD Schrink.
              Is it difficult to make a Terapin region free?
              I will check the site
              I have a 7000 Sony region free, but it cannot playback PAL without an external decoder
              Thanks a lot
              Guy

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2004

to your ref : region codes in pal or in ntsc, are same types of region codes. your dvd player not supporting pal that's different again

hope it makes sense & you're welcome cheers

Comment

• guydanieli
                  • Jan 2005

I do not understand why the original PAL DVD doesn't play back on my Terapin and the copy does! Do you know the reason?
                  Thanks!
                  Guy

Comment

• guydanieli
                    • Jan 2005

Hi
                    I made my Terapin region free. So I can watch all the movies now!
                    Thanks a lot!!
                    Guy

Comment

Working...