Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zulfikar
    • Jun 2005

PC Playback Speed too fast

I just got a DVD Writer. I got the toshiba SD-R5372. I put it in my computer and Installed the nero package that came with it. I stuck it a comercial DVD to just test the playback and the sound was high pitched. Like the people were sucking helium or something. At first I thought it was a sound issue but it seemed like the video was playing too fast as well. So I ran a time test against my Set top box. After 15 minutes my set top box read 15:00 on the display and my PC DVD player read 17:42. After this I tested the burning capabilites and they work fine. No problem. Can anyone tell me why my playback speed is too fast.
    Thanks for you help.

Zulfikar
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"Can anyone tell me why my playback speed is too fast."

i have one hypothesis, could it be that you have accidentaly moved the speed slider from normal to a faster speed on the software interface you are using (like power dvd5)? i accidentaly did this a few times as it is right beside the play button....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Zulfikar
      • Jun 2005

Thanks but thats not it. Ive tried to run dvds in multiple (3) different players all with the same results.

Comment

• Fast Jon
        • Aug 2005

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem with CD Audio brought about, I believe, by installing a service pack. CDs played about 10% overspeed. When I updated the sound drivers the problem went away.

Comment

Working...