Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blessed1
    • Jun 2005

DVD wont playback

i recently purchase i new external dvd burner, the burner is burning my dvds but it wont play it back in my home dvd player where i can see the movie on my tv. i am using the software from nero and i am using memorex dvd+R, and dvd-R and neither one of them will playback in my home dvd player but it will play on my laptop. If you have any suggession of what i can do to fix this problem let me know asap
  • blessed1
    • Jun 2005

DVD wont playback

I just recently bought i new external dvd burner its burning dvd sucessfully, but i have one slight problem. My dvds that i burn wont playback in my home dvd player where i can watch the dvd on my home dvd play that play through my tv.
    The brands of blank dvd i am using are memorex dvd-r, and dvd+r. I am using the nero software. If you can help me fix whatever the problem may i will grately appreciate it.

Comment

• bill7621
      It could be worse.
      • Jun 2005

It looks kind of like your home player doesn't like Memorex. Neither do I. I would try a different brand. Read this:http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
      Does the disc do anything when you put it in the player?
      Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum blessed1!

What is the make and model # of your stand alone DVD player?

Comment

• blessed1
          • Jun 2005

dvd playbacl

jmet i am using the apex dvd player and my model # is 1110w. If you need any more imformation feel free to respond.

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

The reviews for this DVD player are a bit dodgy. Kinda hit and miss with the success stories. My recommendation is to try the DVD backups in a different DVD player that is compatible with -R and +R media. - http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers....y=Name&hits=25

Comment

• blessed1
              • Jun 2005

dvd player

I have a friend who burn me serveral dvd on there burner and it played in my dvd play they was using maxell +r and spin-x dvd-r should i try to use a different brand or what i am using memorex dvd+r and dvd-R i have heard that memerox they like most dvd player is that true

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Memorex media is hit and miss. Sometimes it will play, sometimes it won't. All of my DVD players hate Memorex media, so I don't buy it.

I use Taiyo Yuden media or Verbatim Data Life media.

You can try to switch medias and see if that helps.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

you definetly need to switch media. you need to "experiment" and find a brand that will satisfy your burner and players....the maxell might be a good start.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• blessed1
                    • Jun 2005

dvd wont play

Thanks, Columbo99

I will definitely try maxell after talking to serveral friends and collegues today they told me which usually works the best and that memorex is not good for dvd players no matter what. thanks for the advice i will take it into consideration and i might go and buy a small pack of maxell and vebratium to see which one wrks before buying a big pack like i did with memorex. right now i am stuff with alot blank dvd that is no use.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

"Thanks, Columbo99

I will definitely try maxell after talking to serveral friends and collegues today they told me which usually works the best and that memorex is not good for dvd players no matter what. thanks for the advice i will take it into consideration and i might go and buy a small pack of maxell and vebratium to see which one wrks before buying a big pack like i did with memorex. right now i am stuff with alot blank dvd that is no use."

yw
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Big Cliff
                        • Jul 2005

I've been having the same problem since I upgraded my computer and started using DVD Shrink and Nero. I have tried my DVD's in several stand alone players and they don't work. I've tried several brands of DVD's including maxell, still a no go. I've checked to make sure my firmware is up to date and it is. I've probably spent 200 hours reading and wasted 30 DVD's and am still no further ahead. Very frustrating!

Prior to this I used a program called DVD X Copy and burning software that came with my DVD burner from a company called Pinnical and never had a problem.

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

To Big Cliff:

List all of the medias yoou have tried and thier format. (format = -R or +R)

List the brand and model #'s of each DVD player.

Could you post a log file from Nero ?

To do so, go here: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
                          Look for a file named "NeroHistory.log"
                          Open that file up and copy it.
                          Then paste it here.

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

To Big Cliff

1) Do your "problematic" burned DVDs play on your PC?

2) "wasted 30 DVD's"
                            You might want to use R/W media until you've resolved your problem

Comment

Working...