• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewin
    • Jul 2005

choppy video on jvc player

Hi, Hope anyone can help.

I have a weird problem:
    I used to capture movies from "HAUPPAUGE PVR 250" tv tuner (MPEG2 hardware), then I would remove commercials with "WOMBLE MPEG-VCR", make the dvd structure with "DVD LAB PRO", and burn it with "NERO 6".

Everything has been working great for a while.

But for a few weeks now, using the same media (MAXELL DVD-R 8X), even from the same 25 dvd pack, all the dvds I make have choppy video on my living room player (JVC). I don't think the player needs to be cleaned cause the other discs I made befor (with the same media) still work fine. The dvds work great in the PC (WINDVD 4), the mpeg file is OK too, even the one with commercials removed, the only problem is on the standalone player.

I tested the last dvd I made with "DVDINFO", and it shows no errores at all, all green dots. If it can be useful to you, the dvds are MAXELL 8X, made in Japan, manuf. code is MXL RG03.

Hope anyone can help please, I'm very confused about that as I haven't changed a thing from the process that worke fine before.

Thank you
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum stewin!

How fast are you burning them? What program are you using to burn them?

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

could you try the problem dvd's in another stand alone dvd player to see if they work ok, proccess of elimination.

Comment

• stewin
        • Jul 2005

Thanks for your replies.

I burned them at 8X, it was working. When I started having the problem, I tried at 4X, but still the problem remains.

As for the player, I couldn't try on another one... But they used to work ok before, and the working ones I made (with the same DVD packs, I insist) are still working. This is why I don't think it is a compatibility or dirty laser issue on the player. Also the ones I "backup" with DVD SHRINK are OK. That makes me think the problem is somewhere beetween the capture, the trimming, or the compilation process. It wouln't be about burning or compatibility...

The next thing I'm gonna try is to record from another sofware. The one that came with the PVR 250 (WINTV 2000). Then I will remove the commercials and mount the DVD the same way I used too. If the problem remains, I'll know it's not SAGE TV capture.

For the burning, I use Nero 6.??? I make a "data disc", because DVDLAB PRO compiles all the files into "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS" folders... so the only thing I want NERO to do is burning them as data. (the compilation process is already done).

Thanks again for your implication in trying to solve my problem.

Comment

Working...