Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CynicalEarth
    • Mar 2002

AOpen 1640 Pro

I just bought an AOpen 1640 Pro, and I have repeatly tried to crack the region protection on the drive with little success. I seem to have found the problem though but I have no answer to it, so I was hoping soemone could help.

Both CDVDInfo and Drive Info say that it has 1.22 firmware but when I try to patch the firmware it gives an error of mismatch CPU and ROM.

It states that the ROM is infact a HITATCHI H8_3062A, which is completely different to anything I have read on this or any other site. Could someone please give me some guidence of what action to take to get around this problem, if indeed I can.
  • joegib
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2001

I see on the Firmware Page there are 1640 Pro and 1640 Pro-A models, both with firmware versions 1.22. Any possibility you downloaded the wrong one by mistake?

Comment

• CynicalEarth
      • Mar 2002

That was the problem but unfortuantely I had solved it before I read this post but thanks anyway.

I order a 1640 PRO, my invoice say 1640 PRO but I got a PRO-A. So, it took a little while to work it out. But the box it same in, which I had to get out of the bin, did say PRO-A in tiny writting on the side.

But I am happy now, I ordered my macrovision remover form lik-sang.com, so I will be copying to VHS for watching on bigger screens. The remover also works on a normal DVD player so it has a dual use.

Comment

Working...