Weird Problem With WinXP!No DVD Playback!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vacalo
    • Apr 2002

Weird Problem With WinXP!No DVD Playback!

I am using an ASUS DVD at 8X speed and used to work with no problems at all.I used to have Windows Me then upgraded to XP.No dvds could be played. I d/l the new Windvd and PowerDvd and also PcDvd (from Creative since I also have an Dxr3 decoder card) for Xp. I also downloaded the DXR3 drivers for Xp. No DVD was been played. I also formated the HD and installed XP on an empty HD and then installed all the XP drivers and DVD playback utils.BUT f***ING nothing again. The indicator on the dvd just lights and starts spinning and stoping all the time.I have tried many different dvd's from different areas.Whats going on guys?
    I WOULD APPRECIATE MORE THAN ANYTHING ANY HELP GIVEN!

Thanks a lot to all those kind dudes that can help me out out of this tough one
  • DocBledsoe
    • Apr 2002

Don't tell people you have a DXr3 card. That use to be very embarassing to say. That said you know I had one. make triple sure your DXr3 drivers are XP correct and do not install that creative BS software. None of it. (Unless of course there is an XP version).

Just install WinDVDxp. The newest one, not the old one you got with the drive, or the old one you DLed...the new one. After this you should have no problems.

You may say (in a very confused and whiny tone) that there is no easy way of using the video-out feature of the DXr3. To that I say too bad, take it up with creative.

Speaking of creative, when installing the correct Dxr3 drivers, do not install the creative software package. Do not install...you get the idea.
    What you do in the bathroom, echoes throughout the hallway.

Comment

Working...