Media Player Classic 6.4.8.7 Released :^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Media Player Classic 6.4.8.7 Released :^)

Gabest released an updated version of his wonderful player a short while ago

Changelog: MPC 6.4.8.7
    1) Matroska splitter updated to handle AVC, and support for simpleblock and header stripping. In other words: Matroska v2 should work without crashing.
    2) Major improvement for *.ttxt support, everything except scrolling and clickable urls work now.
    3) Shaders reworked a bit.
    4) Added shortcuts to set start/stop times in subresync.
    5) MPEG-2 decoder had a few fixes.

Update: 2005-11-13 15:40

Changelog:
    1) MPEG-4 Timed Text decoding/parsing has gotten closer to the standard by the additions of more advanced features. Gabest is also working on the implementation of blinking, karaoke and scrolling.
    2) The Properties>Details issue has been solved (some characters at the end had a tendency to be left out in the track names of mp4 files).
    3) Several MPEG-2 fixes.
    4) Every Timed Text subtitle is now rendered in two modes where one is plain text mode, and the other is a more stylised version. It looks like this:
    Subtitle [GPAC Streaming Text Handler (ger)]
    Subtitle: UTF-8 [GPAC Streaming Text Handler (ger) (plain text)]
    Subtitle [GPAC Streaming Text Handler (eng)]
    Subtitle: UTF-8 [GPAC Streaming Text Handler (eng) (plain text)]
    5) When clicking the Properties>Details MPC could hang up. This is now resolved.
    6) Saving of (right click on playlist>save as) MPC Playlist (mpcpl) now no longer stores the file path if the mpcpl is stored in the same directory as the actual songs/movies. This is a similar way of how Winamp stores files in m3u/pls.

I will update this changelog as soon as I get more information from Gabest.

Update: 2005-11-06 01:15 Torrent or Rapidshare. Since Gabest doesn't update the changelog anymore, I'll do my best to write down what has been updated, from what I can remember of my conversations with Gabest, so bear with me if I've gotten this semi-changelog somewhat inaccurate. The new build section is correct though, I know this since I requested these changes and Gabest added them today.

In today's CVS build, the new features are:
    1) The playlist is now automatically hidden when one file is opened, since there's no need for a playlist when it's only one file. Of course, this is provided that you had the playlist on from the previous session (this feature isn't working properly for me, sometimes it hides, sometimes it doesn't).
    2) Meta tags reading in mp4 files, Winamp/iTunes style. I haven't checked if the latest Winamp 5.11 tags mp4 files in accordance with the way iTunes does it, but if it does, then iTunes tags in mp4 will be readable by MPC as well. Would be nice if someone could check this up and corroborate.
    3) MPC now displays the artist/album/track/title/year in MSN, so it's a little bit improved when compared to how it was before. This applies for mp4 files with meta tags, and mp3 files with id3 v1 tags.
    4) Version number has been updated to 6.4.8.6 BUT, this is not the next stable release, yet...
    5) Font type of the "white on black" texts in mpc has been changed to a different font, and it now supports unicode. It looks the same though. It used to be on "MS Sans Serif", and that didn't support unicode, now it is set to "Microsoft Sans Serif", which does.
    6) Shuffle (right click on the playlist) has been added, as an alternative to the randomize function. This works in a similar way to Winamp's shuffle mode.
    7) Decoding of m3u playlist files saved by Winamp, has been improved to filter out unsupported text encoding in the playlist.

From previous builds after the last public stable release:
    8) The mp4 parser has been fixed for other decoders like Nero/3ivx/Elecard since they require uppercase letters like MP4V/AVC1 instead of the usual mp4v/avc1. This means in theory that you won't need ffdshow for mp4 files any longer if you have any of those decoders installed. But please try decoding with the mentioned decoders to see if this works.
    9) Chapter times in mp4 has been fixed.
    10) AVC in *.mov plays, but the audio doesn't so far.
    11) Skippy AAC playback in mp4 has been fixed. Damn this post has gotten huge

Update: 2005-11-04 00:27 Okay, here's the latest CVS from Gabest (a few hours old). It has this new MSN7 compatible feature where you can display the title of your songs and movies. It's really neat! I haven't noticed any bugs so far with this version, but if you do, please report them in this thread. The skippy aac in mp4 playback bug has been fixed too. Try this new MSN feature with songs of different characters, like chinese, japanese etc. Non english/latin letters.

Update: 2005-11-01 22:05 Gabest is adding MSN compatibility in the latest build of MPC as we speak. It will, just like Winamp and Windows Media Player be able to display what songs or movies you're playing in MSN Messenger. I found this thread. The first time I gave it to him (several months ago), he didn't care. But nowadays, Gabest has injected MPC steroids and he's working miracles by adding this and loads of features and bugfixes. So now you got one incentive less to use Windows Media Player and go Media Player Classic! Just thought that you'd like to know, since Gabest won't be releasing a changelog this time either

works great, get it here http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358

EDIT: now 6.4.8.7
    Last edited by anonymez; 28 Nov 2005, 10:35 AM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

• jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Wow , I just got the beta .4 version . Thanks!!

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Thank you very much!

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

you're welcome guys

now up to 6.4.8.6, original post edited

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

size (kb) 2167195
          equal to a little over 2 megs
          does kb equal kinibittis

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

looks like they did a little remodeling down at sourceforge (with more ads!), changed the units from bytes to kbytes and forgot to change the actual values

the site does look cleaner though, it was so damn messy before, files all over the place...

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

now 6.4.8.7, thanks to SOUP for waking me up!

that's right, still no changelog

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

I just got .7 this was listed for .6

Release Name: MPC 6.4.8.6
                Notes: d3dx9_27.dll is a separate download now because it is no longer needed to run mpc, however to use pixel shaders it has to be put in the dll path.

Comment

• blutach
                  Not a god of digital video
                  • Oct 2004

Isn't that the Directx9?

Regards
                  Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                  [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by blutach
                    Isn't that the Directx9?

Regards
                    According to here Yup

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

we've got a changelog now, thanks to elias. see the first post!

yup that dll is needed when using vmr9, and if you wish to use ps when 'rendering in 3d'

Comment

Working...