Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coinman1
    • Apr 2002

Cannot Play DVD's With PowerDVD XP 4.0

I have recently installed a Toshiba SD-R1202 Combo Drive which came bundled with the latest PowerDVD XP 4.0 software.
    When I attempt to play any of my purchased DVD's I get the error code 89030000, Unknown File Format!
    It will, however, correctly recognize and play my own created VCD's as well as any of my MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video files. I have attempted to contact CyberLink about this problem but my inquiries have gone unanswered (3 days now!). I am using WIN98SE.
    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • xusiaofwindows
    • Jun 2002

Power DVD problem

Hi,

I am running windows me on an AMD 850mz system. To fix this problem I found it necessary to load the system drivers for the motherboard (CD-Rom). It was also necessary to update the aspi drivers from version 4.60 to 4.70 (the upgrade can be obtained from www.adaptec.com). The DVD drive should be setup as the master on the secondary IDE port and the PIO should be set for Mode 4. If you have any other questions, please contact me at xusiaofwindows@yahoo.com.

Xusia

Comment

• katwoman
      • Aug 2002

I'm getting this same error message.
      I have the current drivers and updated the ASPI drivers, but where do I go to check this...

The DVD drive should be setup as the master on the secondary IDE port and the PIO should be set for Mode 4.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

The DVD drive should be setup as the master on the secondary IDE port and the PIO should be set for Mode 4.
        Right-click on My Computer and select Properties. Go to Hardware -> Device Manager.

For Win2K/XP, Go to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers -> Primary/Secondary IDE Channel. Under Advanced Settings, you should be able to see the Transfer Mode of each device that is connected to that particular IDE channel. Select 'DMA if available' and restart when prompted. DMA mode is the better choice to go with, rather than PIO, unless you're experiencing instabilities with DMA enabled.

For Win9x, go to Disk Drives/CD-ROM and double-click on the IDE device that you wish to have DMA enabled on. Under the property page, you should be able to see a DMA box. Tick it and restart when prompted. Note: I don't have Win9x handy at the moment, so I can't recall the exact names of each item.

On the main topic, you might want to try the latest PowerDVD Patch from Cyberlink. It has done wonders to my (now gone) PowerDVD problems.

Comment

• katwoman
          • Aug 2002

Rats, that didn't work.

My DMA box was already checked (and unchecking then checking again didn't help).

And, since I only have the demo version, I cannot install the patch.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Upgrade your PowerDVD to the full version... Or try WinDVD instead.

I'd suggest that you load up the motherboard driver for your hardware as well. Be aware, however, to be able to successfully do that, you may be needed to do a reformat.

Comment

Working...