Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djdrock
    • Apr 2002

dvd-r drive question and windows XP...

I have the Panasonic dvd-r/ram lf-d311 and am running windows xp. On a good note, my first attempt at ripping and burning a dvd went well. My question is, windows media player will not recognize my dvd-r drive when I put a dvd in to play. Also, when I first loaded powerdvd, it said it found 3 cd-rom drives (I have 2 other scsi cd-roms.) It defaulted to the correct drive, and it plays fine. Running the program "cdvdinfo" only displays my 2 scsi cd-roms. It seems as if xp is doing something to "confuse" some programs. I have the latest firmware upgrade. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • satkid
    • Apr 2002

my money is on the incorrect aspi layer on your system. Make sure you have 4.60, not the latest one, as it does not work properly with XP.

Media player needs extra codecs to play the DVD, i think you can get them from ms downloads site
    satkid

Comment

• djdrock
      • Apr 2002

Satkid...I was running aspi 4.70, installed 4.60, and now the drive is recognized without a problem. I really appreciate your help. Since you are so helpful, maybe you could check my other posts and see if you can help me with those question.

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Working...