The audio can't keep up with the picture!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liviomaynard
    • Apr 2002

The audio can't keep up with the picture!

When I play the movie (Pi, to be more exactly), the image is just too slow to the audio which is fine. The movie looks like it's going in "slow-motion", while the dialogs keeps playing normally!
    Someone, please help me!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the file is in .AVI format (DivX-compressed or otherwise) or MPEG1 format, do the following:

Load the file into VirtualDub

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

Post (here) EVERYTHING listed (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box...

Comment

• liviomaynard
      • Apr 2002

File information

Thanx setarip!
      The file is in .AVI format and I have the DivX 4 Codec

The "file information" box goes like this:

VIDEO STREAM:

Frame Size, fps (µs per frame): 640x352, 24.000 fps (41667 µs)
      # of frames (time): 120644 (1:23:46)
      Decompressor: DivX MPEG-4 Fast-Motion
      Number of Key frames: 503
      Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 1107/15155/43884 (7445k)
      Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 0/4664/70548 (547270k)

AUDIO STREAM:

Sampling Rate: 48000Hz
      Channels: 2 (Stereo)
      Sample Precision: 0-bit
      Compression: Fraunhofer llS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
      Preload skew: 7223 samples (0.15s)
      # of frames: 25125
      Min/avg/max/total frame size: 2372/3200/7223 (78519k)
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) The problem may be that the audio is not interleaved on a 1:1 basis with the video. If this is the problem, it can be solved simply by loading the file into VirtualDub, setting BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying" and then saving the file with a new filename (VirtualDub is set for 1:1 interleaving by default).

2) This appears to be a file that was compressed using the DivX v.3.11alpha codec. You mentioned that you have the v.4 (I assume 4.12) codec. The 4.12 codec does not PROPERLY play v.3.11 files. You should uninstall the v.4xx codec, download and install the v.3.11alpha codec. Then, if needed, reinstall the v.4.xx codec and answer with a resounding "No!" when asked if you want touse the v.4.xx codec to play 3.11 files.

3) Your system may have a problem handling the 48,000Hz audio frequency. If after addressing my first two suggestions, you still have the problem, load the file into VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Processing" and set "Audio" to "Full Stream Processing". Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion" and set to 44,100. Select "Compression" and choose the MP3 (MPEG Layer3) 44,100Hz sampling rate you desire. Then save the file with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...