X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hi2shy
    • Mar 2006

Pioneer DV575a Audio Problems

Hi
    I just upgraded my Pioneer DV525 to the DV575a as I've heard good things about this player.

The problem I'm having is getting the audio on my movies to output in 5.1 or DTS. Neither is working and I'm stuck.

Initially, I thought I'd sussed it as I had not set the audio to output in 5.1 under initial settings, speakers. Also, I have set it as follows:

Digital Out is On
    DTS Out is DTS
    Linear PCM Out is Down Sample On
    MPEG Out is MPEG > PCM
    Audio Output Mode is 5.1 channel.

My Amp is the Yamaha DSP-AX750se
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Are you using coax or fibre cable to hook up to your receiver? Is there a setting in the player to tell it which output to use? Also, is your Yamaha set for auto sensing on the input signal?
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• hi2shy
      • Mar 2006

Zero G - I have tried both coax and fibre cable. I have tried lots of settings on the amp, although I normally have it set for auto and the amp does the rest.

The only settings I could find regarding audio output I mentioned earlier.

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

This is really odd. Your old player output DD and DTS okay to your receiver?
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• hi2shy
          • Mar 2006

My old player was fine, and I've even borrowed my mother-in-law's DV340 and that works fine as well!!

Might be time to take the DVD player back!!

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

I'd say it's faulty. Take it back for an exchange.

Comment

• hi2shy
              • Mar 2006

Thanks for you help!! I'm off to RS for an exchange!

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Comment

• hi2shy
                  • Mar 2006

Zero G - I did some more testing last night. I used my old dvd player and it was doing the same thing. I also used different cables and that made no difference either.

I found 2 movies that did work, Lord of the Rings and Gladiator. Both worked in DTS mode only (ie all 5 speakers) but as soon as I changed it to DD 5.1, the rear speakers stopped working. This happened with both dvd players I tried, so I'm now thinking it might be the amp!!

I have a DSP-RX750se amp!! Strange!!

Comment

• Zero G
                    Next to Arch Stanton
                    • Jan 2006

So let me get this straight. None of your DVDs are playing through in Dolby Digital, but DTS is working. If I'm correct, you may have to check the input settings on your receiver. I have two Yamaha receivers and I'm sure that there was a setting involving the digital inputs. Did you ever have Dolby Digital working with this receiver?

Comment

Working...