powerdvd alway puts "default" in my folder when I open up a vob. how to eliminate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrx10
    • May 2006

powerdvd alway puts "default" in my folder when I open up a vob. how to eliminate

I have 2 software dvd players. I downloaded media player classic because powerdvd was driving me nuts by putting a "default player" in my HD folder file. (seems like powerdvd is like realplayer in that it wants to control everything). I now can "open with" when I click on a vob, and can choose powerdvd or media player classic, and mpc is my default player for opening .VOB folders. I haven't been able to figure out yet how to switch between the audio steams (audio 0, audio 1, audio 2) with MPC yet and powerdvd does make it easy to switch between audio streams. is there any way to block powerdvd from inserting a default player in my HD folder? now when I open a vob with powerdvd it's putting "nero media player" as the default player in the folder, and media player classic is the default player. @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#. I would like to eliminate powerdvd from inserting a default player listing in the folder, if possible, to not do this. period. thx
    Last edited by jrx10; 19 Jun 2006, 07:08 AM.
  • jrx10
    • May 2006

did find the video screen adjustments for the Media player classic

right click the screen, filters, mpeg 2 decoder, and brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation are there. just wondering if this is for the MPC playback only, and if adjusting the brightness setting for my tastes will cause any problems with other programs, (shrink etc) and if so, so these be reset to default before using shrink?

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

right click the screen, filters, mpeg 2 decoder, and brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation are there. just wondering if this is for the MPC playback only, and if adjusting the brightness setting for my tastes will cause any problems with other programs, (shrink etc) and if so, so these be reset to default before using shrink?
      won't affect anything but mpeg2/dvd playback in MPC. if you do wish to alter brightness etc for all apps (rather anything using overlay mixer), set it up in your graphics card's drivers
      Last edited by anonymez; 21 Jun 2006, 11:10 AM.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jrx10
        • May 2006

won't affect anything but mpeg2/dvd playback in MPC. if you do wish to alter brightness etc for all apps (rather anything using overlay mixer), set it up in your graphics card's drivers<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
        ...thx. btw, is there a procedure (overlay mixer) for increasing the brightness of the dvdshrink preview screen only, as there is to the MPC adjustments?

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

no
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...