Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patchtruska
    • Apr 2002

DVD playback on TV Problem

Hi i've just changed my graphics card to Hercules prophet II titanium 64mb ddr geforce with TV out. before i had geforce 2 NO TV out. so set everything up alls working fine, but now heres the problem...
    i've connected my s-video output to my tv which has 2 av inputs using a connecter (belkin) pc-dvd it has a scart adaptor which i thought would be easy to connect. Anyway i get sound but no picture when playing a DVD, The only reason i bought the new card was so i could watch DVD's on my 23" tv instead of my 17" monitor.....arrgh!! what am i doing wrong here???? any help would be most helpful
    are there any guides to cable set ups??
    PS.. Thanks for a great site i've learnt so much about dvd compressing using Divx and have had great results
    Cheers
  • 1GKar
    • May 2002

I'm new at this DVD game. In my research I have found that DVDs with macrovision encoding will not work on graphics cards that have TV out. Not sure if this is an issue for you.
    There are work arounds. If you use an MPEG decoder card you can use a freeware called zone selector that can region-free and disable macrovision.
    if this is incorrect then I am sure one of the experts out there will correct me.

Comment

• Bulldozer
      • Mar 2002

Zone Selector DOES NOT remove macrovision using common Tv-Out in "common" graphic cards!! Zone Selector is an application to work along with Hollywood + card (which is a hardware decoder card), a lot different from an usual "TV-Out"

To remove macrovision try to use "Remote Selector v2.xx" (www.remoteselector.com) or "DVDIdle"(www.dvdidle.com).

Best luck for ya!!

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...