X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agifford
    • Apr 2002

Powerdvd screen capture

Hi --

Didn't see anything along these lines, but sorry if this has been asked before. I recently ordered a new Dell desktop and it arrived with PowerDVD as bundled software (version 4.0c).

The screen capture option is not available. I have deselected hardware acceleration, which the troubleshoot guide suggested, but still no luck.

Now, my configuration menu doesn't look like the picture in the troubleshooting guide. The screen capture tab is not on the menu. There's no option for "advanced" settings under the "general" tab either. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall from the source CD.

Dell support was no help and Cyberlink hasn't replied to my email... But I'm wondering if this problem is because the software is bundled? Could Dell have included incomplete software, or a low-grade version or something? Has anyone run into this, or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

"Dude you're getting a dell"

By pressing a key (search this forum) you may be able to do a screen capture...(though I'm not sure). Alternatively, try TMPGEnc. There are other dvd players available also. You can do it the "long" way by using the printscreen sysrq key on the keyboard---but you'd have to crop etc...

Comment

Working...