Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinY
    • May 2002

WinDVD 4 Plus audio problem

I recently got the latest version and am having problems with it detecting my sound card having support for 6 channels.
    I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 attached to Cambridge DTT3500 speakers through the digital DIN port.
    On version 3 of WinDVD, the 6 channel audio option works fine as does the S/PDIF. However, on version 4 it does not. It detects my sound card as having only 2 channel sound and the S/PDIF does not work.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem and are there work arounds to manually select the audio setup?
    I have emailed Intervideo this problem but have yet to hear from them.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, but for now I am sticking to version 3 which works correctly
  • kallekill
    • May 2002

My digital spdif-out didn't work at all in windvd 4. I got no sound and the video played about 5 times faster than normal. When switching back to analog sound everything played fine.

Comment

• jjjayb
      • May 2002

I have a similar problem. Whenever I choose 4 speaker mode it plays 5 times too fast with no sound. I did notice in the information tab it says my spdif is on but it really isn't. If I choose 2 speaker mode it plays fine. If I enable spdif it doesn't matter what speaker selection I choose it plays too fast and muted. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. I sent an e-mail to the creator of windvd tweaker and told him about my problem. Here is the reply I got today:

Yeah I have a sblive and have the same problem. I have got a fix for it and it works grand now. I will be releasing WinDVD Tweaker 3.3 soon hopefully. I have not got much time to make my program anymore because I am working to keep myself in college so a donation would be welcomed from some users.

I will mail you when it is released, probably tomorrow

Later

Mark

Hopefully by tommorow it will be fixed by using windvd tweaker.

Comment

• KevinY
        • May 2002

Thanks for posting your reply about WinDVD Tweaker jjjayb
        The author has released version 3.3 beta 2 and this solved my audio problems. WinDVD 4 Plus now works great and I'm a happy camper .
        Get WinDVD Tweaker at the author's home page:

I strongly urge anyone having audio problems to download this program as it will save you a lot of heart ache and it also allows you to tweak other options in WinDVD

Comment

Working...